KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | Aggieland News

Portable Toilet Fire in Grimes County Sends Thick Black Smoke Into Air

A port-o-potty fire Monday afternoon in the Carlos area of Grimes County sent thick black smoke into the air.

It happened at the Madole Rental portable toilet facility east of the intersection of Highway 30 and FM 244.

The Grimes County Sheriff's office says the company was burning some trash and the fire spread to about 20 portable toilets.

The black smoke was caused by the burning of plastic and fiberglass.

Units from the Anderson and Iola Fire Departments quickly brought the fire under control.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172220381