WHAT: 25 by 25 is a transformational program to increase access for qualified students to pursue engineering education at Texas A&M University to an enrollment of 25,000 engineering students by 2025.
There are three guiding principles to the 25 by 25 initiative:
- Increase accessibility to engineering education at all levels;
- Transform the educational experience to better prepare our students to engage in and meet the future needs of the engineering marketplace; and
- Deliver engineering education in a cost effective and affordable manner.
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 12:00 p.m. or upon adjournment.
WHERE: Speaker's Press Conference Room, State of Texas Capitol Complex, Austin, TX
WHO: Brief remarks:
- John Sharp, Chancellor, The Texas A&M University System
- Richard Box, Chair, The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents
- R. Bowen Loftin, President, Texas A&M University
- M. Katherine Banks, Vice Chancellor and Dean of Texas A&M Engineering - Raymund Paredes, Texas Commissioner of Higher Education
- Remarks by state, federal and industry leaders regarding the impact of 25 by 25 initiative
About the A&M System The A&M System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $3.5 billion.
Through a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 120,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year.
Externally funded research expenditures exceed $772 million and help drive the state's economy.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.