WHAT: 25 by 25 is a transformational program to increase access for qualified students to pursue engineering education at Texas A&M University to an enrollment of 25,000 engineering students by 2025.
There are three guiding principles to the 25 by 25 initiative:
- Increase accessibility to engineering education at all levels;
- Transform the educational experience to better prepare our students to engage in and meet the future needs of the engineering marketplace; and
- Deliver engineering education in a cost effective and affordable manner.
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 12:00 p.m. or upon adjournment.
WHERE: Speaker's Press Conference Room, State of Texas Capitol Complex, Austin, TX
WHO: Brief remarks:
- John Sharp, Chancellor, The Texas A&M University System
- Richard Box, Chair, The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents
- R. Bowen Loftin, President, Texas A&M University
- M. Katherine Banks, Vice Chancellor and Dean of Texas A&M Engineering - Raymund Paredes, Texas Commissioner of Higher Education
- Remarks by state, federal and industry leaders regarding the impact of 25 by 25 initiative
About the A&M System The A&M System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $3.5 billion.
Through a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 120,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year.
Externally funded research expenditures exceed $772 million and help drive the state's economy.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.