COLLEGE STATION, TX -- Texas A&M University has engaged Parker Executive Search and named an 11-member search advisory committee to assist the institution with its search for a new athletic director, President R. Bowen Loftin announced Wednesday.
Atlanta-based Parker Executive Search is a leading global executive search firm with extensive experience conducting collegiate athletic searches, including searches for athletic directors at more than 45 institutions nationwide and at five Southeastern Conference institutions. The firm has also represented the NCAA in numerous assignments, including searches for the organization’s last two presidents.
“Parker has demonstrated success in recruiting and placing athletic directors at many of the top universities across the country,” said Loftin. “There is a tremendous amount of momentum and excitement at Texas A&M with our championship-caliber coaches and student-athletes, world-class facilities and our upcoming transition into the SEC. I expect a significant amount of interest in Texas A&M as we commence this national search.”
On Tuesday, Loftin announced that Jim Wilson, a current member of The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents and former chairman of the Board of Trustees with the 12th Man Foundation, along with Texas A&M University Vice President for Marketing and Communications Jason Cook will serve as co-chairs of the search advisory committee.
Other members of the search advisory committee include:
· Cliff Thomas, member of the Board of Regents and CEO of Thomas Petroleum LLC, Speedy Stop Food Stores and C.L. Thomas Inc;
· Scott Taylor, chairman of the 12th Man Foundation’s Board of Trustees and a retired attorney;
· Jack Little, former chairman of the 12th Man Foundation’s Board of Trustees and former president and chief executive officer of Shell Oil Company;
· Dr. Thomas Wehrly, professor of statistics and chair of the Athletic Council;
· Dr. Albert Broussard, professor of history and member of the Athletic Council;
· Jo Evans, head softball coach;
· Terrence Murphy, former Texas A&M football player and chief executive officer of TM5 Properties;
· David Batson, director of athletic compliance; and
· Adaora Elonu, former Texas A&M women’s basketball player and current student.
Loftin has indicated that his goal is to have a new athletic director identified and on-campus prior to the start of the fall semester.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.