All roads appear to be clearing, according to TxDOT.
10:15 a.m. Update:
Northbound Highway 6 exit onto Texas Avenue has been re-opened for traffic. The overpass at M 2818 and Wellborn is still closed due to icy conditions.
9:20 a.m. Update:
The overpass of FM 2818 at Wellborn Road is being shut down in both directions. Northbound Highway 6 exiting to Texas Avenue is also shut down and all traffic is diverted onto the bypass. Traffic is backed up on northbound Highway 6 past William D Fitch.
Brazos, Burleson, Madison, Grimes and Walker Counties are have ice conditions on all bridges, overpasses, and shaded areas. TxDOT is out working these areas with grade 5 aggregate or rock and mag. Choride. Please slow down to 30mph or under so the materials are not blow off the wheel paths of the roadway and can do their job helping motorists gain traction. Travel is discouraged at this time in these counties.
The Texas Department of Transportation, Bryan District, is treating bridges and overpasses in some parts of the Brazos Valley.
8:30 a.m. Update:
Here's where they are seeing wintry road conditions conditions:
1. Washington County-we have pretreated bridges, overpasses, and shaded areas. No major traffic issues.
2. Brazos County-There are ice conditions on all bridges, overpasses and shaded areas. TxDOT is out working these areas. There are lots of minor accidents on the roadways. If you must travel, proceed with extreme caution.
3. Leon-no ice conditions, in good shape.
4. Burleson- There are ice conditions on all bridges, overpasses and shaded areas. TxDOT is out working these areas. There are lots of minor accidents on the roadways. If you must travel, proceed with extreme caution.
5. Milam- no ice conditions, in good shape.
6. Freestone- no ice conditions, in good shape.
7. Robertson- no ice conditions, in good shape.
8. Walker-is treating isolated spots of ice The only place we have ice now is on FM 980 at Harmon Creek.
9. Madison- we have pretreated bridges, overpasses, and shaded areas. No major traffic issues.
10. Grimes-starting to see some ice conditions in the county. Please slow down on all bridges, overpasses and shaded areas. This helps the material TxDOT puts in these areas work to give motorists traction.
Sleet, ice and freezing rain can create extremely dangerous driving conditions, which is why the Texas Department of Transportation strongly advises drivers to stay off the roads as much as possible. If drivers must be on the road, please remember to:
· Reduce speed
· Increase following distance
· Use extra caution on bridges, ramps, overpasses
· Stay back at least 200 feet from vehicles treating or clearing roadways
· If you start to slide, ease off the gas pedal or brakes and steer in to direction of skid
· Avoid unnecessary travel
Also, refer all road condition inquiries to:
· TxDOT’s toll-free highway condition line at (800)-452-9292
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.