Bryan Texas Utilities General Manager Dan Wilkerson announced last week that he would be retiring from the post effective June 30.
Wednesday, he sat down with KBTX General Manager Mike Wright to discuss his career and recent events that have made headlines.
The complete interview is posted with this story. Linked below this text are previous stories about Wilkerson.
- His BTU career
- Retirement decision
- What he's most proud of
- What is most misunderstood about BTU
- Friction between BTU and the city?
- Separation between BTU and the city
- Levels of rates
- Rate mitigation fund
- Disclosing BTU information to the city council
- Compromising competitive environment
- BTU being respected as a local utility
- Future rate adjustments
- Limiting use of reserves
- Smart meters
- Kean Register's departure
- His future plans
- How it felt to turn in retirement notice
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.