NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) Officials say one person is in custody following the sighting of an armed man who prompted a lock down at Central Connecticut State University.
New Britain Mayor Timothy O'Brien says the suspect is in the custody of campus police.
Sightings of a man armed with a sword and possibly a gun on Monday morning set off a school-wide lock down and warnings for students to stay away from windows.
A university spokeswoman says all students have been safely evacuated from a residential building where police were searching for the possible gunman. Spokeswoman Janice Palmer said Monday that the students who had been inside James Hall were moved to another building for questioning by police.
Classes were canceled for the rest of the day. Palmer said the order to stay inside remains in place.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.