Weather Could Delay Endeavour's Launch

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

The weather could put a chill on plans to launch space shuttle Endeavour Friday on a flight to the international space station.

NASA says an approaching cold front could bring rain and thick clouds to the launch site by week's end.
Shuttle weather officer Kathy Winters says there's still a 60 percent chance of acceptable conditions at the 7:55 p.m. liftoff time Friday and only a 40 percent chance on Saturday.
She says timing is everything in terms of when the weather moves through.

Endeavour is loaded with equipment to expand the living quarters of the space station.
NASA hopes to double the size of the crew, from three to six, by next June.
The launch window is open until Nov. 25 for NASA's first shuttle launch since the end of May.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 34287639 - kbtx.com/a?a=34287639