LONDON - Actor Hugh Grant says police have asked him to
testify at an inquiry into allegations that a tabloid newspaper
hacked into the phones of newsmakers, including celebrities and a
The actor has often claimed he believes his phone was hacked by
News of the World. He told Sky News on Wednesday that he was happy
to work with police but also backed calls for an independent
Grant wrote an article in The New Statesman earlier this year
revealing that he secretly taped a conversation with former News of
the World journalist Paul McMullan, who admitted that the tabloid
employed people to hack into mobile phones.
The scandal has accelerated this week, raising calls for
executives at News Corp., which owns the paper, to resign.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.