WASHINGTON (AP) - For weeks, the Obama administration has been silent on questions about whether it's using all available means to catch the people who attacked a U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya last year, killing the U.S. ambassador and three others.
But now, the State Department says it's been quietly offering rewards since January of up to $10 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of anyone who was involved.
In a letter sent to Congress Friday, the department says the rewards were not advertised on its website or posters or matchbooks as is usually done. That's because of security issues around the investigation into the attack on the mission in Benghazi that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
The letter says investigators have other ways of publicizing the rewards.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.