Posted: 11:00 PM
- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is warning commuters that a traffic mess awaits them in southwest Connecticut for as long as a week until service is restored to Metro-North following a derailment that injured scores of passengers.
Posted: 10:46 PM
- Five months into President Barack Obama's second term, allies and former top aides worry that his overarching goal of economic opportunity has been diminished, partly drowned out by controversies seized upon by Republicans in an effort to weaken him.
- Alaska's remote Pavlof Volcano has been shooting lava hundreds of feet into the air, but its ash plume is thinning and is no longer making it dangerous for airplanes to fly nearby.
- Investigators are looking into whether an elderly man driving a car in the Hikers Parade in Damascus, Virginia, suffered a medical emergency before his 1997 Cadillac suddenly accelerated into the crowd.
- Officials investigating a train collision in Connecticut have ruled out foul play and are studying a rail fracture where a derailed commuter train was struck by another bound for New York City.