Sam Houston State Headlines
SHSU Recognized For Promotional and Advancement Efforts
- Sam Houston State University’s promotional and advancement efforts have earned the university four Communicator Awards of Distinction by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts, as well as three awards by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Exhibit To Show Graduating Senior Art
- Thirty-three students graduating with Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts degrees in studio art, photography and animation will showcase their work in the spring 2015 senior exhibition May 4-9 in the Gaddis Geeslin Gallery.
Presentation To Reflect On ‘Giving Life’
- Michael Morton, who was wrongly convicted for the murder of his wife in 1986, will speak with SHSU’s Center for Law, Engagement, and Politics on Tuesday (April 14) from 6:30-8 p.m. in College of Humanities and Social Sciences Building Room 120.
Dance Group 'Mixes Genres' For 'Rave 2 Save' Awareness, Fund Raiser
- Cervical Cancer is the second most common type of cancer for women worldwide, according to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition.
SHSU Theatre Department Wins Big At Regional Festival
- Sam Houston State University’s Department of Theatre and Musical Theatre recently received 15 regional and five national awards for its production of Sophie Treadwell’s “Machinal” at the weeklong Region VI Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival in San Angelo.
Sam Houston State's Johnson Coliseum to Get Renovations
- The home of some of Sam Houston State's athletics is set to get an upgrade.
Students Put Classroom Research To 'Good' Use
- Social injustice gets a lot of attention in the news.
Award-Winning Photojournalist To Give Snapshot Of Experiences
- He’s captured the war zones of Iraq and Afghanistan; he’s collected images from the 2013 riots in Bangladesh; and he’s traveled along the Gulf Coast to record the damage caused by the 2010 BP oil spill.
Sam Houston State’s Arts Center Ranked Among 'Most Amazing' in U.S.
- Sam Houston State University’s James and Nancy Gaertner Performing Arts Center in Huntsville, TX was ranked No. 13 on College Degree Search’s Most Amazing Campus Art Center list.
SHSU Opera To Present ‘The Child And The Enchantment’
- What do the Foxtrot, Asian harmonies and a boxing teapot have in common?
More Sam Houston State Headlines