Sam Houston State Headlines
Huntsville's Mayor Won't Seek the Office Again in November
- Monday morning, Mac Woodward said he wouldn't be running for another term in the November elections.
Bearkat Family Weekend Scheduled For September 25-27
- Families of Sam Houston State University’s more than 19,000 students are invited to participate in the spirit, pride and tradition of campus life Sept. 25-27 during this year’s Bearkat Family Weekend.
Sam Houston State Student Competing In Miss Texas
- Miss Sam Houston Avery Carrier will step out on stage and represent Sam Houston State University at the Miss Texas pageant, culminating on Saturday (July 4) in Richardson.
Woodforest Bank Donates $100,000 To SHSU
- Woodforest Bank, headquartered in The Woodlands, recently donated $100,000 to Sam Houston State University to sponsor the Bank Executives and Directors Seminar and Golf Tournament, which is held each spring.
SHSU Recognized For Promotional and Advancement Efforts
- Sam Houston State University’s promotional and advancement efforts have earned the university four Communicator Awards of Distinction by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts, as well as three awards by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Exhibit To Show Graduating Senior Art
- Thirty-three students graduating with Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts degrees in studio art, photography and animation will showcase their work in the spring 2015 senior exhibition May 4-9 in the Gaddis Geeslin Gallery.
Presentation To Reflect On ‘Giving Life’
- Michael Morton, who was wrongly convicted for the murder of his wife in 1986, will speak with SHSU’s Center for Law, Engagement, and Politics on Tuesday (April 14) from 6:30-8 p.m. in College of Humanities and Social Sciences Building Room 120.
Dance Group 'Mixes Genres' For 'Rave 2 Save' Awareness, Fund Raiser
- Cervical Cancer is the second most common type of cancer for women worldwide, according to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition.
SHSU Theatre Department Wins Big At Regional Festival
- Sam Houston State University’s Department of Theatre and Musical Theatre recently received 15 regional and five national awards for its production of Sophie Treadwell’s “Machinal” at the weeklong Region VI Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival in San Angelo.
Sam Houston State's Johnson Coliseum to Get Renovations
- The home of some of Sam Houston State's athletics is set to get an upgrade.
More Sam Houston State Headlines