- Texas lawmakers pushed closer to approving the licensed open carry of handguns, but only after a fierce Senate debate over restricting police powers to question people carrying guns if they are legal.
- The Texas Legislature has approved fines for governmental entities that post signs prohibiting the carrying of concealed handguns in areas where licensed Texans are allowed to carry them.
- A man interrupted a vehicle burglary just before 1 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of the Bellmead Walmart store and then fired a shot as the fleeing suspect backed his pickup toward him.
- State investigators have issued a bulletin warning that members of the Bandidos motorcycle gang may be plotting attacks on law enforcement, and law officers in Waco say it's being treated as a serious threat.
- A Houston man has been taken into custody after he lost control of his car and crashed into a tree, killing his wife who was seven months pregnant and injuring their 10-month-old child.
- The first state budget under Republican Gov. Greg Abbott spends lavishly on border security, defunds one of Rick Perry's signature initiatives and includes the biggest tax cuts in a decade.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Mandy Riske 979-595-1589
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888