A fire call to the historic Alamo turned out to be nothing more than a blown light bulb.
San Antonio firefighters on Wednesday night responded to a report of a structure fire at the famed mission in San Antonio.
Authorities believe an overheated bulb caused a light fixture to smoke. There was no sign of fire.
The 18th century mission, which draws about 2.5 million visitors annually, was not damaged.
The Alamo was the site of the 1836 battle where an outnumbered
band of Texas defenders staged a legendary stand against Mexican
forces. The victorious Battle of San Jacinto weeks later led to soldiers shouting, "Remember the Alamo!"
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.