6 Hospitalized From Car Fumes at Austin Apartments

By: The Associated Press Email
By: The Associated Press Email

Authorities say six people have been taken to Austin hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning from a running car in a closed garage.

Austin/Travis County emergency response officials and police on Monday did not immediately provide names or further medical details.

Officials say the injured include a man and a woman who were discovered unconscious in the vehicle Sunday morning.

Fire department Battalion Chief Thayer Smith says carbon monoxide alarms went off in nearby units and 10 people had inhaled fumes. Four were transported to a hospital, while six others declined treatment.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160239885 - kbtx.com/a?a=160239885
Gray Television, Inc.