Two fugitives featured on the DPS Top 10 Most Wanted list were apprehended in the past five days.
Joe Robert Torres, DOB 4-7-85, was arrested Friday at a grocery store in Bryan only hours after he had been added to the Top 10 Most Wanted list. Torres was with a woman and several children when he was arrested. The two were arrested at the grocery store on theft charges after they were seen putting stolen items into a diaper bag. Torres gave law enforcement an alias name when he was arrested, but information gathered at his booking provided his correct name. Torres had warrants out for his arrest for dangerous drugs, forgery and failure to appear.
Aaron Edward Binion, DOB 5-6-69, was arrested Tuesday afternoon at a residence in Austin by DPS Criminal Investigations Division agents and members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force. Two tips called into Crime Stoppers provided information leading to his location. Binion had warrants out for his arrest for assault on a public servant.
Texas Crime Stoppers will give up to a $1,000 cash reward to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of these fugitives. Anyone with information about the whereabouts of any of these fugitives should call 1-800-252-TIPS (8477). The Crime Stoppers hotline is open 24 hours a day. You do not have to give your name when calling.
DPS urges caution around these fugitives.
“Any fugitive should be considered armed and dangerous,” said Steven C. McCraw, DPS director. “You should never attempt to apprehend these fugitives yourself.”
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, please contact the local police department in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
Here is a list of the remaining Top 10 Fugitives:
· Robert Barrera, DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
· Binus Jackson IV, DOB 7-31-68, last known address: Waco. Wanted for two counts of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and robbery by threat.
· Gwen Komahcheet, DOB 9-17-50, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
· Gaspar E. Loya III, DOB 6-20-74, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
· Rene Morales Munoz, DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
· Mauricio Geovany Rosales, DOB 5-26-85, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for two counts of murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.
· Leeroy Suarez, DOB 6-2-83, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
· Ngoc Van Tran, DOB 6-8-70, last known address: Amarillo. Wanted for murder, delivery of a controlled substance and burglary of a habitation.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives to be featured on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted list. Featured fugitives generally have been accused of committing violent crimes or crimes against children. Investigators are interested in apprehending these fugitives as soon as possible, before they are able to commit additional crimes.
You can find the current list with photos on the DPS website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.