Bond Cut for Man Charged in Videotaped Break-In

By: The Associated Press Email
By: The Associated Press Email

HOUSTON (AP) - Prosecutors say a 19-year-old charged last week with burglary after a home security video caught him peering at a sleeping toddler in a crib has told them says he's been involved in two other burglaries.

Harris County assistant prosecutor David Bernard told a judge during a court appearance Monday that Christopher Gomez has confessed to being the person in the video and says he stole a gun in one of his three break-ins.

Records show Gomez has previous arrests for breaking into a car and marijuana possession.

Gomez's lawyer, Ralph Gonzalez, says even with the confession, he's not sure Gomez is the person in the video. He also argues no one was hurt in the burglary.

State District Court Judge Marc Carter has lowered Gomez's bond from $750,000 to $90,000.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 256058601 - kbtx.com/a?a=256058601
Gray Television, Inc.