LA PORTE, Texas (AP) Emergency officials say nobody has been hurt in a Houston-area chemical plant fire blamed on an electrical problem.
A spokesman for Oxy Vinyls in La Porte says the fire Monday afternoon involved an issue with an electric utility at the plant. A transformer and a truck being used by a contractor went up in flames.
The blaze was extinguished after a couple of hours.
La Porte emergency management officials say
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.