KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | Aggieland News

East Texas Couple Found Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

TYLER, Texas - Police suspect carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric generator operating indoors in the deaths of an East Texas couple whose bodies were found in their home.

A Tyler police statement says police were called to the couple's home about 3 p.m. Tuesday after a family member found their bodies. Police found the gasoline-powered generator had been operating inside the home. Sgt. Paul Robeson says an autopsy has been ordered.

The couple was identified as 50-year-old Cynthia Pettigrew and Johnathan Lydia, whose 49th birthday would have been Tuesday. The statement says the family member reported not having heard from the two in days.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184057651