PLANO, Texas (AP) A man has died after re-entering a burning home in suburban Dallas to get his cell phone.
Plano fire officials say the three adults who lived at the home safely escaped the fire early Thursday morning, but then two of the occupants re-entered the home to get cell phones to call 911. One of the two was able to make his way out of the home, but the other was not.
Fire officials say people should never go back into a burning home or building, noting that fire and smoke conditions quickly change and a fast-moving fire and toxic smoke can quickly incapacitate a person.
The fire is under investigation.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.