KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | Aggieland News

Man in Tyler Burned after Halloween Costume Fire

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

TYLER, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a man in East Texas has suffered severe burns after his camouflage-like Halloween costume caught fire in an alleged cigarette accident.

Tyler Fire Department officials on Friday did not immediately identify the hospitalized man or update his condition. Fire Marshal Paul Findley says the victim wore camouflage-type clothing that resembles foliage - commonly known as a ghillie (GIL'-ee) suit.

Findley says crews on Thursday night were dispatched to a Tyler home about a person on fire. Bystanders help put out the blaze. The victim was transported to a Tyler hospital then moved to a burn unit in Dallas.

Findley says investigators believe the fire may have been the result of cigarette smoking materials.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230219141 - kbtx.com/a?a=230219141