A Central Texas man is in custody after an infant in his care was found to have swallowed a severe amount of alcohol.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports that the mother of the infant returned from work to find her child not responding normally. William Webb told the mother the baby was just tired.
At the hospital, the baby was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.291 percent - nearly four times the legal limit for drivers 21 and over.
A bottle of vodka was found on a coffee table at the home where Webb was watching the baby. It's unclear how the baby may have ingested the alcohol. The baby was placed in intensive care.
Webb is being held on $14,000 bond and could not be reached.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.