COMANCHE, TX - A trailer full of fireworks has exploded and one person is dead. It happened Thursday morning in the Central Texas town of Comanche.
City Development Director Jackie Stewart says it happened on the softball fields at the High School where the Kiwanis club was setting up for tomorrow night’s show – Family on the Fourth.
“There was an explosion, a trailer and vehicles caught on fire,” said Stewart. “Four individuals were injured, three of those critically.”
Comanche fire Lt. Marcus Nettleton says it’s not immediately clear what triggered the explosion.
Officials say one person was killed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.