Residents Evacuated as UT Fraternity House Burns

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

AUSTIN, Texas - One person has been treated for smoke
inhalation after fire damaged a fraternity house in Austin.
The Austin Fire Department says a heating unit is blamed for the
fire reported shortly before 4:30 a.m. Tuesday in the attic of the
Delta Epsilon Psi house.
About a dozen residents safely evacuated. Fire department
spokesman Andre de la Reza says one resident was taken to
University Medical Center for evaluation.
De la Reza says the fire was contained to some attic insulation
of the West Campus structure. No damage estimate was immediately
released.
The National Weather Service says temperatures early Tuesday in
Austin dipped to near freezing.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111450789 - kbtx.com/a?a=111450789
Gray Television, Inc.