SAN ANTONIO -- Passengers are being allowed back inside San Antonio International Airport terminals after being herded onto the tarmac when a bomb threat was called into the airport alleging three packages had been left inside a parking garage.
Airport spokeswoman Nora Castro says flights also are being allowed to land again at the airport Wednesday. But San Antonio Fire Department spokeswoman Deborah Foster says roads leading to and from the airport remain closed while bomb-sniffing dogs continue to search the parking garage.
Castro says the dogs at one point appeared to detect something suspicious in the garage, but it turned out to be a false hit. Foster says they haven't found any device.
Foster says about 2,000 passengers were cleared from two terminals after the evacuation order was called at 2:35 p.m.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.