WACO, Texas -- Sentencing has been delayed for an AWOL soldier convicted of planning to blow up a restaurant full of Fort Hood troops.
Prosecutors say the sentencing of Army Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo will now be Friday morning in a federal court in Waco. It had been set for Thursday afternoon.
Assistant U.S. attorney Mark Frazier says he believes it was Abdo who requested the one-day delay to better prepare for the hearing.
The 22-year-old will represent himself at the sentencing after the judge in the case granted his request last month. Abdo had said he and his attorneys weren't communicating effectively.
He was convicted in May on six federal charges.
Abdo was AWOL from Fort Campbell, Ky., when arrested with bomb-making materials last summer at a Fort Hood-area motel.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.