AUSTIN — The Texas Transportation Commission recently awarded a two-year, $11 million contract to ISI Contracting, Inc. for performing all required routine maintenance of 100 miles of roadway in Central Texas.
As part of the agreement, the contractor will perform all required traditional routine maintenance such as mowing, sweeping, vegetation management, striping, guardrail upkeep and snow/ice control, among other services.
This is the first of a series of contracts TxDOT intends to award for the routine maintenance of I-35 and I-45 between Dallas and Houston, and Dallas and San Antonio. These contracts will also cover I-10 between San Antonio and Houston. The total estimated savings to taxpayers is $96 million over five years.
“We must continue being creative and innovative to increase the efficiency of operations and give the public the best value for their tax dollars,” said Phil Wilson, TxDOT executive director. “These opportunities will save money and allow a more comprehensive approach to routine maintenance on Texas roadways.”
This first contract will provide routine maintenance for the following roadways:
· I-35 from the Bell/Williamson county line to the Hays/Comal county line
· Loop 1 from Lady Bird Lake south to William Cannon Drive
· US 183 from Loop 360 east to Cameron Road
· US 290/SH 71 from Joe Tanner Lane east to Montopolis Drive for a total of 100.9 centerline miles
· Snow and ice control services within the above limits and Loop 1 from Lady Bird Lake north to Parmer Lane (FM 734).