The recall includes:
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Roasted Chicken Flavor (5- and 25-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Garlic and Butter Flavor (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Mexican Flavor (5- and 25-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Pilaf (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Saffron Flavor (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Cheese Flavor (5-pound bags)
- Uncle Ben's Infused Rice Spanish Flavor (25-pound bags)
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) State health officials are reminding consumers about a nationwide recall of Uncle Ben's infused rice products in Texas.
The Department of State Health Services on Sunday said the recalled 5- and 25-pound bags of Uncle Ben's rice are primarily purchased by institutional settings such as schools and prisons. Some warehouse club retailers also stock the bags.
Officials say the company issued the recall Friday after students and staff in Katy who ate the rice at lunch became ill. Their symptoms included burning, itching, rashes, headaches and nausea. The symptoms passed within two hours.
Health officials say the cause of the illness remains undetermined.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.