KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | Aggieland News

A&M Scoates Hall Evacuated After Lab Equipment Overheats

By: KBTX Staff
By: KBTX Staff

Overheating lab equipment set off a fire alarm at a Texas A&M building Tuesday night.

Campus police say around 7:30 an autoclave, used for sterilization, got too hot and started smoking at Scoates Hall near the Administration Building.

That tripped the building's fire alarms. People inside were evacuated.

The College Station Fire Department responded. No one was injured.

A&M's website lists Scoates as the home of the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 199085001 - kbtx.com/a?a=199085001