A&M Scoates Hall Evacuated After Lab Equipment Overheats

By: KBTX Staff
By: KBTX Staff

Overheating lab equipment set off a fire alarm at a Texas A&M building Tuesday night.

Campus police say around 7:30 an autoclave, used for sterilization, got too hot and started smoking at Scoates Hall near the Administration Building.

That tripped the building's fire alarms. People inside were evacuated.

The College Station Fire Department responded. No one was injured.

A&M's website lists Scoates as the home of the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department.

KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 199085001 - kbtx.com/a?a=199085001
Gray Television, Inc.