The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets will honor seven former cadets at its annual Hall of Honor induction ceremony, but it's the honorary recipient in this year's class that is the biggest name of them all.
Former President George H.W. Bush will be recognized by the Corps at an April 14 ceremony. Congressman Bill Flores of Bryan, Class of '76, is among the former cadets who will be inducted.
Other inductees include local businessman Don Adam and former Corps Commandant John Van Alstyne.
The ceremony on April 14 is at 10:00 a.m. at Rudder Auditorium and will be open to the public.
Corps Hall of Honor Inductees
- Captain Eli. L. Whiteley ’41
- Major Hughes “Buddy” Seewald ’42
- Mr. Don Adam ’57
- Major General H. Hale Burr ’65
- Lieutenant General John A. Van Alstyne ’66
- Mr. W. Michael Baggett ’68
- Congressman William “Bill” Flores ’76