Small Fire at A&M's Chemical Engineering Building Prompts Evacuation

By: John Gilbert Email
By: John Gilbert Email

COLLEGE STATION- A small fire on the 3rd floor of the Jack E. Brown Chemical Engineering Building at Texas A&M prompted an evacuation Sunday afternoon.

The College Station Fire Department says the call came in around 5 p.m. as a smoke alarm.

A calibration machine overheated and caused a small fire that spread smoke through parts of the building.

7 people were evacuated.

Once the fire was extinguished and smoke was cleared from the building, people were allowed to return.

KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 260616031 -
Gray Television, Inc.