LOS ANGELES -- Hugh Grant has been weighing a big move: replacing the fired Charlie Sheen on CBS' "Two and a Half Men."
A person familiar with the situation said Wednesday the British film actor was in negotiations to join the sitcom as its new leading man. The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because producer Warner Bros. and CBS hadn't authorized public comment, said the talks had stalled without resolution.
But it was unclear whether Grant's hiring was a closed issue, the person said. Reports that Grant had been offered $1 million an episode were inaccurate, the person said, adding any Sheen replacement would be paid less than that.
Sheen was among TV's highest-paid actors at a reported $1.8 million an episode.
Grant's publicist did not immediately return a call for comment.
The Grant-"Two and a Half Men" negotiations were first reported by the Deadline Hollywood website.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.