- U.S. illusionist Criss Angel began a 24 hour stunt Monday that involves escaping from a cube encased in concrete suspended 40 feet above the ground in the heart of Times Square in midtown Manhattan, before it comes crashing to the ground.
- In a Southern League baseball game between the Mississippi Braves and Chatanooga Lookouts, in the bottom of the 2nd inning Braves manager Phillip Wellman argues a ball/strike call and is ejected from the game by home plate umpire Brent Rice.
- A bid to make Scotland's Loch Ness a World Heritage Site was launched on Thursday, as new footage emerged of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake.
- In the world of golf, a hole-in-one is pretty much the holy grail, so imagine getting that precious shot, not once, but ten times. While she was showing off her skills to a local photographer, she got another one caught on video.
- A 180-kilogram (400-pound) gorilla that ran amok in a Rotterdam zoo was back in his enclosure and on view to the public Saturday, while a woman he dragged along a path and bit a day earlier remained hospitalized recovering from her injuries.