- A pair of foreign cave divers in Mexico's Yucatan peninsula announced, on Monday that they had discovered a system of subterranean passages, they claimed, constituted the world's longest underwater cave system.
- We've been dealing with the pocket-emptying effects of rising gas prices, new electric rates, and an increase in cab fare, but how would you feel about breaking the bank all for...a pizza?
- It started as a fun Monday at the beach, but ended with a shark attack caught on tape. Some friends were kiteboarding off the coast of Florida's Delray Beach when black shadows in the water caught their eye.
- A dognapping case is being taken very seriously by the Los Angeles Police Department. Suspects broke into a home, held a family at gunpoint, and stole five of their dogs -- four of them purebred puppies.
- Jennifer Mee isn't hiccuping -- and that, in itself, is news. The 15-year-old Florida girl drew national attention as she tried a variety of doctors and remedies to end her more-than five-week battle with the hiccups.
- A severe summer hailstorm hit the Australian capital of Canberra overnight on Tuesday, battering the city with rain and hailstones that measured more than two centimetres in diameter.
- A pair of baby Sumatran tigers have become inseparable playmates with a set of young orangutan twins, an unthinkable match in their natural jungle habitat in Indonesia's tropical rainforests.
- A new X-ray machine for detecting weapons and explosives on airline passengers makes its debut Friday in Phoenix. The so-called "backscatter" device will be used at one checkpoint in one terminal at Sky Harbor International Airport.
- A New Zealand fishing crew has caught an adult colossal squid, a sea creature with eyes as big as dinner plates and razor-sharp hooks on its tentacles, an official said on Thursday.
- New Yorker Ashrita Furman looked around for a record he could break, and settled on doing the most squat thrusts in one minute. Then he decided on a place — the back of an elephant in northern Thailand.