The following is a list of local murderers currently on Death Row.
Listed with each inmate are the date they were received at the Polunsky Unit in Livingston and a recap of the crime.
(as of February 21, 2013)
Received July 2, 2012
• September 19, 2010 – entered Jennifer Hailey’s College Station home, strangled her to death, then attacked her nine-year-old son who witnessed the murder, strangling him and stabbing him in his head and neck with a garden trowel; the child survived
Received May 28, 2010
• March 6, 2009 – entered ex-girlfriend Rachel Joiner’s College Station home, surprised her when she returned home, shot her as she tried to leave; Rachel’s brother Travis was shot and killed when he came to Rachel’s aid; Rachel was shot twice more as she tried to escape and died
Received December 5, 2003
• October 31, 2002 – along with JoQuisha Pitts and Marcus Harris, drove Skyyler Browne to a pasture owned by Druery’s family, forced him to leave the vehicle, shot him repeatedly, took his belongings (including marijuana) and set his body on fire
Received May 24, 2000
• May 8, 1998 – burglarized the Bedias home of Charles Robertson, his recent employer, and beat him in the head with a hammer, killing him; Hyde took $1,000 and fled on foot
Received June 21, 2002 (tried in Walker County)
• September 6, 2001 – burned down the home of his one-year-old daughter, seven-year-old step-daughter and five-year-old step-daughter, killing all three
Received December 17, 2009 (tried in Leon County)
• September 24, 2007 – along with fellow inmate John Ray Falk Jr., while working in a field squad at Huntsville’s Wynne Unit, took an officer’s weapon, ran to a City of Huntsville parking lot and took a city truck; Martin drove it into the horse of correctional officer Susan Canfield, who fell and died