- A kidnapping-turned multi-county search and chase through at least four counties, including Brazos, ended with the driver's suicide and a 20-year-old female jumping from a moving vehicle late last night. It was a dramatic scene and our cameras were there while authorities investigated.
- This year, Texas Reds fans and festival-goers have the opportunity to experience music from a man that has shaped country music for decades. Country music legend Steve Wariner will officially be headlining this year's festival.
- James Gandolfini, whose portrayal of a brutal, emotionally delicate mob boss in HBO's "The Sopranos" helped create one of TV's greatest drama series and turned the mobster stereotype on its head, died Wednesday in Italy. He was 51.
- A heat wave hitting Alaska doesn't rival the blazing heat of Phoenix or Las Vegas, but to residents of the 49th state, the weather feels like a stifling oven - or a tropical paradise.
- The director of the National Security Agency said Tuesday the government's sweeping surveillance programs have foiled some 50 terrorist plots worldwide, including one directed at the New York Stock Exchange, in a forceful defense of spy operations that was echoed by the leaders of the House Intelligence Committee.
- World leaders at the G-8 summit have declared that governments must work together to close loopholes that allow multinational companies to avoid paying taxes in their home countries.
- The issue of political corruption and leadership is quickly rising on Texans’ list of top problems facing the country, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.