- Dennis Fraley has resigned from Bryan PD's reserve unit. The Brazos County Sheriff’s Office says pornographic images of two female children were discovered by a friend who was helping Fraley install an app on his smart phone.
- Gerald Harris, Yell Leader adviser, says an exceptionally large crowd is expected because it will officially be the first time the newly renovated and expanded Kyle Field will be open.
- The Aggies moved up 12 spots to No. 9 in the poll released Monday. Texas A&M began the post-Johnny Manziel era with a 52-28 victory at South Carolina. The loss dropped the Gamecocks from ninth to No. 21.
- A lawyer defending the government's bulk collection of millions of Americans' telephone records found himself facing tough questions Tuesday from appeals judges wanting to know whether the program will inevitably lead to, as one judge put it, the government's study of "every American's everything."
- A federal investigation that included surprise inspections was unable to substantiate 16 accusations by advocacy groups that the government packed into frigid cells children caught crossing the border alone, made them sleep on hard floors and provided inadequate food and medical care. Other claims about treatment of the children are still under review, according to the Homeland Security Department.
- Attorney General Greg Abbott says he still supports having a state-funded unit of prosecutors investigating public corruption, but wouldn't commit to keeping the unit in its current location.
- A report detailing the response to a hotel fire last year that killed four Houston firefighters says the effort was hampered by confusion over who was in charge, cluttered radio channels and other disorganization.
- The reward for Israel Aguirre, 33, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and this month’s featured fugitive, has been increased to $10,000 for information leading to his capture if the tip comes in during the month of September.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Mandy Riske 979-595-1589
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888