Posted: 4:19 PM
- The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History is pleased to announced its participation in Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment of the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day, May 27, through Labor Day, September 2, 2013. Leadership support has been provided by MetLife Foundation through Blue Star Families.
Posted: 4:10 PM
- The Montgomery County District Attorney has announced that the Regional DWI Task Force, which consists of multiple law enforcement agencies throughout the county, will be operating throughout Memorial Day weekend to cut down on driving while intoxicated (DWI) and boating while intoxicated (BWI) cases with the hope of preventing fatalities on Lake Conroe and on our roadways.
Updated: 11:53 AM
- Brenda Bowman and her husband were making a trek from their home in Buffalo to Liberty County Thursday, but their stop in Huntsville made the journey much more special than they thought.
Posted: 10:43 AM
- Bryan firefighters helped suppress almost 100 wildfires during the record-breaking 2011 fire season, prompting the chief to ensure his department is trained and prepared for the next big blaze.
Updated: 7:17 AM
- The State Fire Marshal's Office says a federal safety panel's investigators had access to the site of a Texas fertilizer plant blast that killed 15 people and injured about 200 others.
Posted: 9:11 AM
- Sales of new homes rose in April to the second highest level since the summer of 2008 while the median price for a new home hit a record high, further signs that housing is recovering.
Posted: 8:59 AM
- WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama is likely to talk about the need for greater transparency in U.S. drone strikes when he delivers a speech this afternoon at the National Defense University.
Updated: 5:23 AM
- The Obama administration acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that four American citizens have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen since 2009. The disclosure to Congress comes on the eve of a major national security speech by President Barack Obama in which he plans to pledge more transparency to Congress in his counterterrorism policy.
- A man shot dead by an FBI agent overnight in Orlando knew Boston bombings suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and was followed by the FBI for days, a friend of the Florida man told CNN affiliate Central Florida News 13 on Wednesday.
Posted: 12:01 PM
- The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today commissioned its newest airplane, a Pilatus PC-12 NG, at a ceremony in Austin. The aircraft was named in honor of the late Texas Ranger Bobby Paul Doherty, who was shot and killed in the line of duty in 1978.
Posted: 11:24 AM
- A 52-year-old Houston man who portrayed himself as a pastor running a religious-themed investment program is charged with 24 counts of fraud for what federal prosecutors say was a real estate scheme that cost a Mississippi woman $650,000.