- The Southeastern Conference and Big 12 Conference have agreed to play in the Big 12/SEC Challenge, a men’s basketball inter-conference event that will begin during the 2013-14 season.
- Pierre Jackson had 24 points and 10 assists to lift Baylor back into the National Invitation Tournament title game for the second time in five years with a 76-70 win over BYU on Tuesday night.
- The school introduced Tubby Smith on Tuesday and he says he'll fit in just fine in West Texas, where cowboy hats and cowboy boots are more prominent than other places he's coached. He says he already has a pair of boots, but just didn't have them with him.
- Shoni Schimmel scored 22 points and Monique Reid hit two free throws with 2.6 seconds left to lift sixth-seeded Louisville to a stunning 82-81 upset of top-ranked, defending national champion Baylor on Sunday night in the regional semifinals of the NCAA women's tournament.
- Brittney Griner had 33 points and 22 rebounds to go along with three impressive slam dunks in her final home game for Baylor, and the defending national champion Lady Bears beat Florida State 84-47 in the second round of the NCAA tournament Tuesday night.
- The Texas Longhorns are not renewing the contract of longtime assistant coach and former player Tommy Harmon after missing the NCAA baseball tournament for the first time in 14 years.