- Ash, who missed most of last season with concussion symptoms, will not play this week against BYU after getting headaches and feeling dizzy in the hours following the Longhorns' season-opening win over North Texas.
- Bryce Petty threw for two touchdowns and ran for another score, helping No. 10 Baylor open its riverfront campus stadium with a 45-0 victory over former Southwest Conference rival SMU on Sunday night.
- David Ash passed for one touchdown and ran for another and Texas started the Charlie Strong era with an overpowering 38-7 win over North Texas in the season-opener for both teams on Saturday night.
- Suspended TCU defensive end Devonte Fields posted on his Twitter account he plans to transfer to Stephen F. Austin, an FCS school where the preseason Big 12 defensive player of the year could be eligible to play this season.
- Dorial Green-Beckham will not be allowed to play for Oklahoma this season after the NCAA denied the school's request for a waiver that would have made the talented receiver eligible to play right now.
- TCU officials say defensive end Devonte Fields remains "separated" from the university, meaning the preseason Big 12 defensive player of the year is still barred from campus and all school activities.
- Texas quarterback David Ash met with reporters for the first time in almost a year Monday, declaring it feels "good to be back" after concussion symptoms wiped out most of his 2013 season.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888