Blinn College Headlines
Buccaneers remain unbeaten despite challenge from Bulldogs
- Blinn College volleyball coach Erin Mellinger wasn’t pleased to see her squad drop its first set of the season Saturday at the Applebee’s Classic. But she was thrilled to see the way they responded.
Buccaneer football opens 2014 with 77-6 win vs. SE Prep
- Blinn wins first game under new head coach Keith Thomas
Top-Ranked Buccaneers Sweep First Two at Applebee’s Classic
- The top-ranked Blinn College volleyball team picked up its first two home wins of the season at the Applebee’s Classic in the Blinn P.E. Building Friday night, sweeping matches against Eastern Arizona College and fifth-ranked Tyler Junior College.
Buccaneer Backers Hosting Golf Scramble September 26
- Proceeds will benefit the Blinn College athletic department
Cam Newton says he'll be ready to play in Week 1
- Cam Newton says he feels great and "there's no doubt" in his mind he'll be ready to play in the Panthers season opener Sept. 7 against Tampa Bay.
Buccaneers Preach Discipline, Hard Work Under New Coach Thomas
- Even after 35 years of coaching high school and college football, the draw of the gridiron was too much for Keith Thomas.
Bucs complete clean sweep at Dana Hatch Invitational
- The 2014 Blinn College volleyball team is picking up right where it left off in 2013.
Defending champion Buccaneers open 2014 with pair of victories
- The top-ranked Blinn College volleyball team began its NJCAA championship defense with a pair of victories tonight at the Dana Hatch Invitational in Tyler, Texas.
Sophomores Will Lead Buccaneers' Quest To Defend NJCAA Title
- Six players return from team’s 2013 national championship
Blinn’s McIntyre named ABCA Regional Coach of the Year
- Blinn College baseball coach Harvey McIntyre has been named the American Baseball Coaches Association/Diamond Sports Company NJCAA Division I Regional Coach of the Year after leading the Buccaneers to the NJCAA World Series for the first time in 22 years.
Former Buccaneer Rutherford Captures CEFL Championship
- In 2009, Shaun Rutherford captured an NJCAA national championship with the Blinn Buccaneers. Now he’s got a Central European Football League (CEFL) championship to add to his trophy case.
Blinn’s Bruna Evangelista Named NJCAA Female Athlete Of The Year
- The All-American volleyball player helped lead the Buccaneers to the third national title in program history.
Blinn Athletic Dept to Support Adoption Awareness in 2014-15
- The Blinn College athletic department is partnering with Here I Am Orphan Ministries for the second year of its Adopt-a-Charity program.
Buccaneer Alumni Lettermen Hosting Golf Tournament Aug. 9
- The Buccaneer Alumni Lettermen Association will host its annual golf tournament Saturday, Aug. 9 at Brenham Country Club to benefit the Blinn College Athletic Department.
Blinn baseball, softball and volleyball earn all-academic recognition
- The Blinn College baseball, softball and volleyball teams earned NJCAA all-academic recognition and six Buccaneer athletes earned academic student-athlete awards, the NJCAA announced today.
Blinn’s Harvey McIntyre Named NJCAA Region XIV Coach of the Year
- McIntyre led Buccaneers to fifth-place finish at NJCAA World series
Blinn Robbie Dickey selected as 124th pick in First-Year Players Draft
- The best way for Blinn baseball coach Harvey McIntyre to describe his pitching ace Robbie Dickey, who went from an undrafted player out of high school to the No. 124 overall pick in the First-Year MLB Players Draft, is to simply think back to an outing earlier this season.
Blinn sophomore Nolan Brown named NJCAA All-American
- Sophomore Nolan Brown’s bat helped carry the Blinn baseball team to its first NJCAA World Series appearance in 22 years.
Tuesday, that big bat carried Brown to NJCAA All-American recognition.
90 Blinn Student-Athletes Named To Athletic Director’s Honor Roll
- Students must complete 12 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA to be eligible
Buccaneers place fifth at NJCAA World Series
- Competing in its first NJCAA World Series since 1992, the Blinn baseball team finished fifth overall at the 2014 Alpine Bank JUCO World Series.
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines