Blinn College Headlines
Threat of rain Saturday shakes up Buccaneer baseball schedule
- The Blinn College baseball team is reshuffling its plans for opening weekend due to the threat of rainstorms.
Buccaneer Softball Signs Six Newcomers for 2016
- Blinn College softball has signed six players – including two pitchers – expected to make an impact as soon as they arrive on campus.
Buccaneers blow by Panola with strong second half, 101-71
- With the help of a deep lineup, Blinn College women’s basketball rolled to a 101-71 victory over Panola College Jan. 21 in Brenham.
Buccaneers hold off late charge from Jacksonville, 69-61
- Blinn College outscores Jacksonville by 10 in second half
Buccaneers storm back to beat Jacksonville, 84-81
- Staring down its third straight loss, Blinn College men’s basketball used an 18-2 run late to complete a come from behind 84-81 victory over Jacksonville College Jan. 17 in Brenham.
Missed free throws doom Buccaneers on road against Lee, 76-72
- Missed free throws and a strong second half by Lee College both played a part in the Blinn College men’s basketball team falling 76-72 Jan. 14 in Baytown for its second consecutive loss on the road.
Healthy Buccaneers wear down Panola on the road, 77-62
- For the first time in a while the Blinn College women’s basketball entered a game fully healthy and the depth showed as the Buccaneers pulled away from Panola College for a 77-62 victory Jan. 14 in Carthage.
Buccaneers second-half comeback attempt falls short at Navarro, 73-69
- Blinn College men’s basketball had enough to come back from a 10-point deficit at half but fell just short in the final minutes in losing 73-69 to Navarro College Jan. 10 in Corsicana.
Second-chance points hurt Buccaneers in loss to Tyler, 73-65
- Giving up offensive rebounds and second-chance points were a main reason that Blinn College women’s basketball fell 73-65 to Tyler Junior College Jan. 10 in Brenham.
Buccaneers eke out a win on the road over Kilgore, 61-60
- A couple of inches made all the difference for the Blinn College women’s basketball team as Kilgore College tried for a 3-point shot to tie but the made basket was ruled a 2-point shot, giving the Buccaneers a slim 61-60 victory Jan. 7 in Kilgore.
Buccaneers hold off late charge from Tyler, 75-74
- Lionheart Leslie wasn’t perfect on his free throws but he was able to nail two of them when it counted most with 1.7 seconds left to give the Blinn College men’s basketball team a 75-74 victory over Tyler Junior College Jan. 7 in Brenham.
Blinn Honoring National Champion Volleyball Team At Luncheon
- Blinn College is inviting the community to join it in celebrating the 2014 national champion Buccaneer volleyball team.
Buccaneers battle back to top Kilgore on the road, 66-63
- The Blinn College men’s basketball team learn a valuable lesson of hanging around in a basketball game.
Buccaneers earn fifth straight with win over LSC-Tomball, 132-70
- Blinn College men’s basketball is starting to find its rhythm on offense and it showed in a 132-70 beating of Lone Star College-Tomball Dec. 31 in Brenham.
Blinn’s Mellinger named AVCA National Two-Year College Coach of the Year
- The American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) named Blinn College head coach Erin Mellinger its Two-Year College Coach of the Year here Thursday after she led the Buccaneers to their second national championship in three seasons.
Three Blinn football players named NJCAA All-Americans
- Three Blinn College football players who helped the Buccaneer offense average more than 650 yards per game this season have been recognized with spots on the NJCAA All-America team.
Ratley Headed To Texas A&M As 10 Blinn Players Transfer To Division 1 or 2 Programs
- Blinn Head Football Coach Keith Thomas announced Wednesday that 10 of his Buccaneer football players have signed Division 1 or 2 scholarship offers including freshman Damion Ratley who is headed to Texas A&M.
Buccaneers run past LSU-Eunice for second time, 103-68
- Blinn College women’s basketball came out a little sluggish in the first half but that didn’t stop it from earning a 103-68 blowout victory over Louisiana State University-Eunice Dec. 16 in Brenham.
Turnovers hurt Buccaneers in loss to San Jacinto, 84-79
- Even with an excess of 20 turnovers in the game, the Blinn College women’s basketball team kept it close with San Jacinto-North but still fell 84-79 Dec. 10 in Houston.
Buccaneers hold off late rally from Panola, 79-72
- Blinn College men’s basketball held a 17-point at the half over Panola College but the Buccaneers saw the lead nearly slip away in the second half. Blinn was able to get the needed big plays down the stretch for a 79-72 victory Dec. 10 in Brenham.
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines