Blinn College Headlines
Blinn’s Mellinger named AVCA National Two-Year College Coach of the Year
- The American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) named Blinn College head coach Erin Mellinger its Two-Year College Coach of the Year here Thursday after she led the Buccaneers to their second national championship in three seasons.
Three Blinn football players named NJCAA All-Americans
- Three Blinn College football players who helped the Buccaneer offense average more than 650 yards per game this season have been recognized with spots on the NJCAA All-America team.
Ratley Headed To Texas A&M As 10 Blinn Players Transfer To Division 1 or 2 Programs
- Blinn Head Football Coach Keith Thomas announced Wednesday that 10 of his Buccaneer football players have signed Division 1 or 2 scholarship offers including freshman Damion Ratley who is headed to Texas A&M.
Buccaneers run past LSU-Eunice for second time, 103-68
- Blinn College women’s basketball came out a little sluggish in the first half but that didn’t stop it from earning a 103-68 blowout victory over Louisiana State University-Eunice Dec. 16 in Brenham.
Turnovers hurt Buccaneers in loss to San Jacinto, 84-79
- Even with an excess of 20 turnovers in the game, the Blinn College women’s basketball team kept it close with San Jacinto-North but still fell 84-79 Dec. 10 in Houston.
Buccaneers hold off late rally from Panola, 79-72
- Blinn College men’s basketball held a 17-point at the half over Panola College but the Buccaneers saw the lead nearly slip away in the second half. Blinn was able to get the needed big plays down the stretch for a 79-72 victory Dec. 10 in Brenham.
Blinn College student breaks three powerlifting records
- Sawyer Yandell has been lifting a lot more than his books lately. The Blinn College sophomore recently took first place at a collegiate powerlifting competition in Austin, Texas, breaking three American records in the process.
Blinn seeks donors to help purchase rings for national championship volleyball team
- The Blinn College Foundation is seeking donors to help purchase rings for the NJCAA Division I champion Blinn College volleyball team.
Three Blinn College volleyball players named as all-Americans
- Blinn College volleyball just capped off their second consecutive national championship and now three players from that team have been named National Junior College all-Americans.
Buccaneers overpower Southwestern Christian, 78-32
- Blinn College women’s basketball team rarely uses the majority of the shot clock on offense but the team decided to run a more patient offense and it worked for a 78-32 victory over Southwestern Christian College Dec. 8 in Brenham.
Huge second half lifts Buccaneers over Paris on road, 74-58
- Blinn College trailed by one at the half but roared back for 16-point victory
Buccaneers rough up Paris on the road, 68-39
- Blinn College women’s basketball controlled the game for the majority of the time against Paris Junior College and picked up a commanding 68-39 victory Dec. 6 in Paris, Texas.
Buccaneers able to hold off stingy Kilgore for win, 68-54
- Blinn College women’s basketball held a lead throughout the game against Kilgore but it didn’t come easy. The Buccaneers were able to fight off Kilgore for a 68-54 Dec. 3 in Brenham.
Buccaneers start fast and finish off Concordia JV, 97-77
- Blinn College men’s basketball was able to jump out to a fast start against Concordia JV and then use that start to cruise to a 97-77 victory Dec. 2 in Brenham.
Buccaneers need second-half comeback to beat McLennan, 71-69
- Blinn College women’s basketball trailed by 10 points at the half on the road to McLennan Community College but the Buccaneers showed enough determination to come from behind to grab a 71-69 victory Dec. 1 in Waco, Texas.
Buccaneers break through pressure and beat LSC-CyFair, 91-70
- Blinn College men’s basketball saw a lot of different defensive looks from Lone Star College-CyFair but the Buccaneers were still able to run their offense and come away with a 91-70 victory Nov. 29 in Brenham, Texas.
Buccaneers sluggish start to second half is reason for loss to Trinity Valley, 83-71
- Blinn College men’s basketball had a hard time holding onto the basketball to begin the second half and Trinity Valley extended its lead and held on for an 83-71 victory Nov. 25 in Athens, Texas.
Buccaneers succumb to Trinity Valley pressure and lose, 83-46
- Blinn College women’s basketball committed way too many turnovers and led to easy baskets for Trinity Valley in a 83-46 victory over the Buccaneers Nov. 25 in Athens, Texas.
Blinn Volleyball Wins Back-To-Back National Champinships
- The Buccaneers defeated Miami Dade 3-1 in Casper, Wyoming.
Buccaneers move on to national semifinals with sweep over Arizona Western
- Arizona Western gave Blinn College volleyball just about all it could handle in a three-set match but the Buccaneers were still able to come away with a 3-0 sweep Nov. 20 to move on to the national semifinal in the Casper Events Center in Casper, Wyo.
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines