Blinn College Headlines
Sophomores Will Lead Buccaneers' Quest To Defend NJCAA Title
- Six players return from team’s 2013 national championship
Blinn’s McIntyre named ABCA Regional Coach of the Year
- Blinn College baseball coach Harvey McIntyre has been named the American Baseball Coaches Association/Diamond Sports Company NJCAA Division I Regional Coach of the Year after leading the Buccaneers to the NJCAA World Series for the first time in 22 years.
Former Buccaneer Rutherford Captures CEFL Championship
- In 2009, Shaun Rutherford captured an NJCAA national championship with the Blinn Buccaneers. Now he’s got a Central European Football League (CEFL) championship to add to his trophy case.
Blinn’s Bruna Evangelista Named NJCAA Female Athlete Of The Year
- The All-American volleyball player helped lead the Buccaneers to the third national title in program history.
Blinn Athletic Dept to Support Adoption Awareness in 2014-15
- The Blinn College athletic department is partnering with Here I Am Orphan Ministries for the second year of its Adopt-a-Charity program.
Buccaneer Alumni Lettermen Hosting Golf Tournament Aug. 9
- The Buccaneer Alumni Lettermen Association will host its annual golf tournament Saturday, Aug. 9 at Brenham Country Club to benefit the Blinn College Athletic Department.
Blinn baseball, softball and volleyball earn all-academic recognition
- The Blinn College baseball, softball and volleyball teams earned NJCAA all-academic recognition and six Buccaneer athletes earned academic student-athlete awards, the NJCAA announced today.
Blinn’s Harvey McIntyre Named NJCAA Region XIV Coach of the Year
- McIntyre led Buccaneers to fifth-place finish at NJCAA World series
Blinn Robbie Dickey selected as 124th pick in First-Year Players Draft
- The best way for Blinn baseball coach Harvey McIntyre to describe his pitching ace Robbie Dickey, who went from an undrafted player out of high school to the No. 124 overall pick in the First-Year MLB Players Draft, is to simply think back to an outing earlier this season.
Blinn sophomore Nolan Brown named NJCAA All-American
- Sophomore Nolan Brown’s bat helped carry the Blinn baseball team to its first NJCAA World Series appearance in 22 years.
Tuesday, that big bat carried Brown to NJCAA All-American recognition.
90 Blinn Student-Athletes Named To Athletic Director’s Honor Roll
- Students must complete 12 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA to be eligible
Buccaneers place fifth at NJCAA World Series
- Competing in its first NJCAA World Series since 1992, the Blinn baseball team finished fifth overall at the 2014 Alpine Bank JUCO World Series.
Miami Dade hands Blinn first loss of NJCAA World Series
- Behind aggressive base running and big bats, Miami Dade (Fla.) College handed the Blinn baseball team its first loss at the 2014 Alpine Bank JUCO World Series here Tuesday.
Nerves of steel: Thames pitches Buccaneers past No. 1-ranked Chattahoochee Valley
- There might have been some early nerves for Blinn freshman pitcher Christian Thames making his first major start of his collegiate career.
Facing the No. 1 team in the nation at the 2014 Alpine Bank JUCO
World Series, who could blame him?
Buccaneers pick up first World Series win since 1992
- There was a reason Blinn baseball coach Harvey McIntyre didn't want the Buccaneers to be the home team in their 2014 Alpine Bank JUCO World Series opener.
Buccaneers' World Series run begins Saturday at 3 p.m.
- In its final practice at Leroy Dreyer Field on Tuesday, the Blinn baseball team blared crowd music throughout the diamond.
Buccaneer baseball bound for NJCAA World Series
- Blinn beats Alvin 12-4 for Region XIV Conference championship, World Series berth
Championship still in sight for Buccaneers despite loss
- For the first time in four games at the Region XIV Conference Tournament, Blinn baseball coach Harvey McIntyre felt his team was focusing too much on what was at stake rather than the game at hand.
Buccaneers advance to Region XIV Conference championship
- For Blinn baseball coach Harvey McIntyre, Thursday’s top of the fourth inning was the most anticipated inning he’s ever coached.
Dedication Leads Blinn Cheerleader to Atkinson Cup
- It was a year of firsts for the Blinn College cheer team.
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines