Blinn College Headlines
Buccaneers Get Offense Going in Middle Innings to Top Lamar State, 6-4
- Offense was a struggle all day for Blinn College softball but the Buccaneers got it going in the second game against Lamar State College-Port Arthur to force a split with a 6-4 victory April 15 at Hohlt Park in Brenham.
Blinn College cheer and dance teams each win a national title
- The Blinn College cheer and dance teams are seeing double as both squads won a national title for the second consecutive year at the NCA & NDA Collegiate Cheer and Dance Championships April 10 in Daytona Beach, Fla.
Timely home runs by Alvin enough to sweep Blinn, 7-5 and 7-4
- Blinn College baseball played good enough to win at times April 9 against Alvin Community College but it was Alvin coming out on top of both games with the help of timely home runs and win by the score of 7-5 and 7-4 at Leroy Dreyer Field in Brenham.
Buccaneers explode for five late runs to grab opener against Alvin, 6-1
- In a pitcher’s duel in the opening game, Blinn baseball was able to break the game open right in time to grab a 6-1 victory over Alvin Community College April 8 in Alvin.
Buccaneers hold off Alvin to grab second game, 5-2
- Blinn College softball got off to a quick start against Alvin Community College in the second game and the Buccaneers were able to hold off a late charge to earn a 5-2 victory April 8 at Hohlt Park in Brenham.
Navarro uses long ball, patience to blow by Blinn, 12-4
- Pitchers for Blinn College baseball had a hard time finding the umpires strike zone and when they did Navarro College was able to hit the ball hard in taking a 12-4 non-conference victory over the Buccaneers April 7 at Leroy Dreyer Field in Brenham.
Buccaneers overpower Port Arthur in sweep, 12-4 and 10-4
- Blinn College softball had plenty of offensive support in both games against Lamar State College-Port Arthur to complete the sweep by the score of 12-4 and 10-4 April 2 in Port Arthur.
Buccaneers create distance on top of standings with sweep of Galveston, 5-3 and 9-3
- Blinn College softball created a little cushion on top of the Region XIV South Zone standings with a pair of victories over Galveston College by the score 5-3 and 9-3 April 1 in Galveston.
Run support lacking as Galveston sweeps Buccaneers, 3-2 and 3-0
- Pitching does its job for Blinn College but offense comes up short
Blinn Dance Team Places First at ADTS Championships
- The Blinn College dance team warmed up for the national championships by winning the American Dance and Drill Team College Championships held at the University of North Texas in Denton.
Buccaneers continue winning ways in sweep of Alvin, 6-3 and 8-2
- One game was a come from behind victory and the other was a runaway win for Blinn College softball in a sweep over Alvin Community College by the score of 6-3 and 8-2 March 25 in Alvin.
Buccaneers improve to 8-8 in conference by sweeping Laredo, 4-1 and 11-3
- Blinn College takes three out of four from Laredo on the weekend
Buccaneers open conference play by sweeping Galveston, 3-1 and 8-5
- Blinn College softball played two completely different ball games March 12 against Galveston but the Buccaneers were able to come up on the winning end in both by the score of 3-1 and 8-5 at Hohlt Park in Brenham.
Buccaneers get outhit but still topples South Suburban, 4-2
- Blinn College baseball might have gotten outhit by South Suburban College March 11 but the Buccaneers did enough with their chances to pull out a 4-2 victory on the campus of San Jacinto College in Houston.
Three Buccaneers earn postseason accolades
- Three players on the Blinn College men’s basketball team have been named All-Region XIV team for the 2014-15 season.
Blinn softball changes venue of Thursday's games
- Blinn College softball has changed the venue of its double-header Thursday, March 12 against Galveston College.
Five Buccaneers earn postseason accolades
- Five players from the Blinn College women’s basketball team have been named to the All-Region XIV and All-Region XIV Conference Tournament teams.
Buccaneers use strong pitching performance to top Wharton, 3-1
- A strong pitching performance by Dakota Mills and just enough offense was enough for Blinn College baseball to earn a 3-1 victory March 6 over Wharton County Junior College in the first game at Leroy Dreyer Field in Brenham.
Angelina makes plays late to eliminate Buccaneers from tournament, 80-74
- Blinn College men’s basketball was able to come back from trailing by 12 points in the second half but couldn’t come up with the offense down the stretch as Angelina College pulled away for an 80-74 victory in the Region XIV quarterfinals in Jacksonville.
Buccaneers jump out early to grab second game over Wharton County, 6-2
- After falling in extra innings in the first game, Blinn College baseball battled back in the second game and came out fast with four runs in the first inning on its way to a 6-2 victory over Wharton County Junior College in Wharton March 4.
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines