Blinn College Headlines
Buccaneers move on to national semifinals with sweep over Arizona Western
- Arizona Western gave Blinn College volleyball just about all it could handle in a three-set match but the Buccaneers were still able to come away with a 3-0 sweep Nov. 20 to move on to the national semifinal in the Casper Events Center in Casper, Wyo.
Temple College scores first 15 points of the game in Blinn loss
- Temple College women’s basketball came out scoring the first 15 points of the game and Blinn was still able to make a game of it in the end but fell in Temple 71-68 on Nov. 19.
Blinn College had their chance to tie the game in the end with a 3-pointer but a turnover on the final possession proved costly and Temple was able to hang on. The Buccaneers trailed 34-27 at the half.
Katelynn Johnson led the Buccaneers with 18 points as she hit four shots from behind the arc. Moe Bedford had 13 points and Shakera Barnes had 13 points for Blinn with the help of two 3-pointers.
Blinn Volleyball To Be Streamed Live NJCAA.TV
- The Blinn College volleyball team has arrived in Casper, Wyo., and is preparing to defend their national title.
The 36-1 Buccaneers are ranked as the No. 2 seed in the tournament and are slated to face No. 15 seed Hutchinson (Kansas) Community College on Nov. 20 at 11 a.m. at the Casper Events Center. The Blinn match and all matches will be streamed live by NJCAA TV.
Buccaneers use transition buckets to pull away from Victoria, 91-68
- Blinn College men’s basketball turned a slim two-point lead at the half into a convincing 91-68 victory Nov. 18 in Brenham over Victoria College.
Buccaneers enter national tournament as No. 2 seed
- Blinn College will open tournament play vs. 15 seed Hutchinson at 11 a.m. Nov. 20
Buccaneers jump out to early lead and hold on to beat McLennan Community College, 72-69
- Blinn College women’s basketball was on fire offensively in the first half enough to grab a 20-point lead at the half.
Buccaneers use balanced scoring attack to beat Texas Southern University Club, 107-92
- With a balanced scoring attack that saw six Buccaneers score in double figures, Blinn College men’s basketball secured a 107-92 victory Nov. 14 against Texas Southern University Club in Brenham.
Two Buccaneer baseball players sign letters of intent
- Two sophomores that helped Blinn College reach the Junior College World Series for the first time in 22 years have signed letters of intent to play NCAA Division I baseball.
Defensive lapses hurt Buccaneers on the road at Weatherford College, 88-76
- Offenses usually take a little time to find their stride in the beginning of the season but for Blinn College women’s basketball it is the defense that was costly.
Buccaneers claim Region XIV title in five-set thriller over Tyler, 3-2
- The Buccaneers didn’t need to win the region tournament to make nationals and didn’t even need to win the first match. With all that, Blinn College still fought through a tough match to beat Tyler Junior College 3-2 in a marathon match Nov. 9 in Baytown.
Buccaneers find the energy to pull away from Temple College, 92-78
- Blinn College women’s basketball did have the energy or the lead for the entire second half but it did find the energy when it mattered most. The Blinn combination of Chant Lewis and Alexus Freeman was too much for Temple College as the Buccaneers pulled away for a 92-78 victory Nov. 5 in Brenham.
Three Blinn volleyball players earn conference player of the week honors
- Tawnee Luafalemana, Jordyn Keamo and Alyssa LaMont all awarded
Blinn men use size advantage to topple Houston Community College, 107-64
- Blinn dominates in the post in home-opener
Buccaneers run past Louisiana State University-Eunice
- Transition offense a big reason for Blinn victory
Buccaneers top Victoria in season opener, 93-68
- With two sophomores out due to injury, the Blinn Buccaneers leaned heavily on their freshmen to pick up a season-opening 93-68 victory over Victoria College here Saturday.
Freshman forward Ja’Cardo Hawkins scored a game-high 17 points and two of the Buccaneers’ other three double-digit scorers were also making their collegiate debut as the Bucs jumped out to a 48-23 lead by halftime.
Sophomore point guards lead Buccaneers into 2014-15
- Blinn College head men’s basketball coach Scott Schumacher knows that to thrive in the rugged Region XIV Conference, you need experienced playmakers and quality ball handling.
In Jalan McCloud and Lionheart Leslie, Schumacher and the Buccaneers have both.
Blinn Volleyball to Honor Sophomores with Exhibition Match Tonight
- The second-ranked Blinn College volleyball team will honor its sophomores with a special exhibition at 6 p.m. today at the Blinn P.E. Building.
Buccaneers Ranked Sixth in NJCAA Preseason Poll
- The Blinn College women’s basketball team will enter the season ranked sixth in the nation following the release of the NJCAA preseason rankings.
Blinn rallies to complete perfect run through the Region XIV South Zone
The second-ranked Blinn College volleyball team completed a perfect run through the Region XIV Conference South Zone Tuesday night with a 3-0 victory over San Jacinto College – but it wasn’t nearly as easy as the score might suggest.
Buccaneers sweep Region XIV Conference South Zone weekly honors
- Reeve named player of the week; Keamo, LaMont earn accolades
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines