Blinn College Headlines
Run support lacking as Galveston sweeps Buccaneers, 3-2 and 3-0
Posted: 10:37 PM
- Pitching does its job for Blinn College but offense comes up short
Blinn Dance Team Places First at ADTS Championships
- The Blinn College dance team warmed up for the national championships by winning the American Dance and Drill Team College Championships held at the University of North Texas in Denton.
Buccaneers continue winning ways in sweep of Alvin, 6-3 and 8-2
- One game was a come from behind victory and the other was a runaway win for Blinn College softball in a sweep over Alvin Community College by the score of 6-3 and 8-2 March 25 in Alvin.
Buccaneers improve to 8-8 in conference by sweeping Laredo, 4-1 and 11-3
- Blinn College takes three out of four from Laredo on the weekend
Buccaneers open conference play by sweeping Galveston, 3-1 and 8-5
- Blinn College softball played two completely different ball games March 12 against Galveston but the Buccaneers were able to come up on the winning end in both by the score of 3-1 and 8-5 at Hohlt Park in Brenham.
Buccaneers get outhit but still topples South Suburban, 4-2
- Blinn College baseball might have gotten outhit by South Suburban College March 11 but the Buccaneers did enough with their chances to pull out a 4-2 victory on the campus of San Jacinto College in Houston.
Three Buccaneers earn postseason accolades
- Three players on the Blinn College men’s basketball team have been named All-Region XIV team for the 2014-15 season.
Blinn softball changes venue of Thursday's games
- Blinn College softball has changed the venue of its double-header Thursday, March 12 against Galveston College.
Five Buccaneers earn postseason accolades
- Five players from the Blinn College women’s basketball team have been named to the All-Region XIV and All-Region XIV Conference Tournament teams.
Buccaneers use strong pitching performance to top Wharton, 3-1
- A strong pitching performance by Dakota Mills and just enough offense was enough for Blinn College baseball to earn a 3-1 victory March 6 over Wharton County Junior College in the first game at Leroy Dreyer Field in Brenham.
Angelina makes plays late to eliminate Buccaneers from tournament, 80-74
- Blinn College men’s basketball was able to come back from trailing by 12 points in the second half but couldn’t come up with the offense down the stretch as Angelina College pulled away for an 80-74 victory in the Region XIV quarterfinals in Jacksonville.
Buccaneers jump out early to grab second game over Wharton County, 6-2
- After falling in extra innings in the first game, Blinn College baseball battled back in the second game and came out fast with four runs in the first inning on its way to a 6-2 victory over Wharton County Junior College in Wharton March 4.
Buccaneers beat Paris in first round on last-second layup, 80-79
- After nearly 55 minutes of basketball, it came down to the last second for Blinn College men’s basketball to advance past the first round of the Region XIV Tournament with a 80-79 double-overtime victory March 3 over Paris Junior College in Jacksonville.
Buccaneers roll past Coastal Bend for 20th win, 95-55
- All 14 players that dressed scored a point in victory
Buccaneers pull away late from Coastal Bend, 68-50
- Blinn College men’s basketball had a battle on its hands for almost the entire game until the Buccaneers pulled away in the final three minutes for a 68-50 victory over Coastal Bend College Feb. 28 in Beeville.
Late home runs give Buccaneers a lone win over Alvin, 5-4
- A couple of late solo home runs was enough to give Blinn College baseball a 5-4 victory over Alvin Community College in the opening game of the double header Feb. 28 in Alvin.
Alvin takes a pair of games from the Buccaneers, 4-0 and 3-2
- By leaving too many runners stranded on base, Blinn College baseball missed out on too many scoring chances and dropped both games, 4-0 and 3-2, to Alvin Community College Feb. 26 at Leroy Dreyer Field in Brenham.
Buccaneers get back on track in win over Lamar State-Port Arthur, 79-72
- In recent games, Blinn College men’s basketball has lacked energy but against Lamar State College-Port Arthur the Buccaneers were able to find enough energy and effort to earn a 79-72 victory Feb. 25 inside the P.E. Building in Brenham.
Buccaneers recover from slow start to beat Trinity Valley, 64-61
- It was all about the finish for Blinn College women’s basketball as it turned a late four-point deficit into a 64-61 victory over Trinity Valley Community College Feb. 25 inside the P.E. Building in Brenham.
Buccaneers suffer lopsided loss at Angelina, 100-67
- The struggles of Blinn College men’s basketball started right from the get-go Feb. 21 and the rest of the game didn’t get much better as Angelina College cruised to a 100-67 victory in Lufkin.
More Blinn College Headlines
National Sports Headlines