Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
Six Bearkats Named First All-SLC
- After having a five-win improvement from the year before and reaching the Division I Football Championship playoffs for the first time since 2010, Stephen F. Austin was awarded with three individual superlative awards and three first-team All-Southland Conference selections, the league office announced Tuesday.
Jackrabbits hold off Kats 60-49
- Shernise Robertson scored 15 points as the Bearkats late rally fell short in a 60-49 loss to South Dakota State Monday night. Robertson has led the Sam Houston women’s basketball team in scoring in all three games this season.
Hill & Hall Earn Southland Weekly Honors
- After leading Sam Houston to its third Southland Conference championship in the past four years in a 38-31 victory over Central Arkansas Saturday, running back Keshawn Hill and defensive end P. J. Hall earned weekly awards from the Southland Conference.
Sam Houston vs. Southeastern Louisiana in FCS Playoffs Saturday
- Sam Houston State will play host to Southeastern Louisiana in the opening round of the FCS playoffs Saturday at 1 p.m. at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium
Sam Houston State blows past Fairfield 74-60
- Kaheem Ransom and DeMarcus Gatlin combined for 32 points to lead Sam Houston State to a 74-60 win over Fairfield in the Coaches Vs. Cancer Classic on Saturday night.
SHSU Earns Southland Football Co-Championship
- Senior running back Keshawn Hill rushed for 242 yards including touchdown runs of 13 and 15 yards to lead Sam Houston to a 38-31 victory over Central Arkansas Saturday at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium.
SHSU Volleyball Loses In Three In Southland First round
- The third time was the charm for Northwestern State as the Demons defeat Sam Houston 25-16 25-16 25-23 in the first round of the Southland Conference tournament in Natchitoches, La., Friday night.
SHSU Football Kickoff Moved To 12:30 PM
- Kickoff for the Saturday, November 22 football game between Sam Houston State and Central Arkansas has been changed to 12:30 p.m. due to the threat of inclement weather in southeast Texas.
Kats fall 65-48 to Wiley College
- Taylor Dorsey and Shernise Robertson each scored 13 points but the Sam Houston women’s basketball team fell 65-48 to Wiley College Friday at the annual “Pack the House” game.
Deveney Wells-Gibson & Michelle Grifith of SHSU All-Southland volleybell
- Sam Houston State outside hitter Deveney Wells-Gibson and setter Michelle Griffith have been named as first team selections on the 2014 All-Southland Conference volleyball squad.
Bearkats return to Sports Network Top 25
- Sam Houston is back in the Sports Network Top 25 heading into the final regular-season game against Central Arkansas, this Saturday, November 22. The Coaches Poll lists the Bearkats among the other teams receiving votes.
Kaheem Ransom earns Player of Week Honor
- Kaheem Ranson of Sam Houston State has been named as the Southland Conference men’s basketball “Player of the Week” after the first weekend of action for the 2014-15 season.
SHSU Men Come Up Just Shy Of Upset of UNLV
- Kaheem Ransom scored 13 points and Jabari Peters added 11 as Sam Houston State close to knocking off UNLV in a 59-57 loss on the Rebels’ home floor Sunday night.
Records fall in 76-0 SHSU victory over HBU
- Donavan Williams rushed for 212 yards and three touchdowns, Corey Idlebird totaled 138 yards and two scores and Jalen Overstreet added 130 yards on the ground and two TDs as Sam Houston defeated Houston Baptist 76-0 Saturday.
SHSU Volleyball Falls In 3
- Despite 14 kills from Deveney Wells-Gibson and 11 by Jordyn Vaughn, Sam Houston State fell in three sets to Houston Baptist Saturday at Stark Gym on the HBU campus in Houston.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines