Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
SHSU Volleyball Wins To Go 3-0 at Sam Houston Invitational
Posted: 3:49 PM
- The Bearkats stand as the only unbeaten team in the Sam Houston Invitational after a three-set victory over Bakersfield Saturday afternoon.
The Kats roared to a 26-24 25-12 27-25 thrilled over the Roadrunners. SHSU now stands 3-0 while CSUB dropped to 2-1.
Kats Fall 4-0 to Illinois State
- Sam Houston managed just two shots on target as the Bearkats lost 4-0 to an Illinois State team that made it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament last season.
Chair Back Seat Special Saturday Only
- Due to a national outage with Sam Houston’s athletic ticketing system, fans will be able to purchase a reserved chair back seat at discounted prices for the Bearkats’ game against Alabama State at Bowers Stadium Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
Volleyball Wins 2 on First Day of SHSU Invitational
- Two-time All-Southland Conference outside hitter Deveney Wells-Gibson started the 2014 season on a roll as she led the Bearkats to victories over both the University of Louisiana at Monroe and Mississippi State.
Sam Houston Volleyball Wins Opener of SHSU Invitational
- Two-time All-Southland Conference outside hitter Deveney Wells-Gibson started the 2014 season on a roll as she led the Bearkats to a quick three-set victory over the University of Louisiana at Monroe
Bearkats Host Alabama State in Home Opener Saturday
- Sam Houston State puts the longest current FCS home winning streak on the line Saturday at 6:30 p.m. when the Bearkats play host to Alabama State at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium.
SHSU Volleyball Begins 2014 Play With Home Tournament
- Bearkat volleyball starts their 2014 season with the 26th Sam Houston Invitational Friday and Saturday at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum.
Western Athletic Conference members Texas-Pan American and Bakersfield, Southeastern Conference member Mississippi State and the Sun Belt’s University of Louisiana at Monroe join Sam Houston in the field.
Brenda Gray, who begins her 31st season as Sam Houston head volleyball coach, is ready to get the season started.
Bearkat Baseball Reports For First Fall With New Staff
- The new staff includes a new skipper. Matt Deggs was hired July 27 to replace David Pierce after leading the Bearkats to three straight NCAA Tournament appearances.
Kats come up short 2-1 to UTSA
- Allie Johnson scored a 56th-minute equalizer but the game was level for less than four minutes before UTSA’s Anissa Munson scored to seal a 2-1 win for the Roadrunners.
Bearkats Drop Season Opener To Eastern Washington
- All-America quarterback Vernon Adams’ running and passing and 154 yards in penalties dashed Sam Houston’s hope of an upset on No. 1 Eastern Washington in the FSC Kickoff in the opening NCAA college football of the 2014 season Saturday.
Kats drop opener 1-0 to Cajuns
- Sam Houston State had the greater share of possession and created far more chances, but Louisiana-Lafayette was the only team to put one in the back of the net as they claimed a 1-0 win to open the season.
Discipline key for Kat defense Saturday
- Of all the challenges facing the Sam Houston defense in Saturday’s football opener against No. 1 Eastern Washington, slowing down All-America quarterback Vernon Adams Jr stands supreme.
SHSU soccer season opens Friday at 6:30
- A new Sam Houston State athletic season will officially get started Friday at 6:30 p.m. when the Bearkat soccer team hosts Louisiana-Lafayette at Pritchett Field.
Choate elected to Texas Golf Hall of Fame
- Sam Houston Hall of Honor member and former longtime head golf coach Ronnie Choate has been elected to the Texas Golf Hall of Fame. Choate will be formally inducted at a dinner on October 20 in San A
Bearkats Start 99th Football Season With Earliest Kickoff Ever
- Sam Houston State and Eastern Washington meet Saturday in the "FCS Kickoff" in Cheney, Washington, the only college game of the day and the first of the 2014 season.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines