Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
Kats face C-USA foes including match at BBVA Compass Stadium
Posted: 4:12 PM
- After passing a pair of road tests in route to the first 2-0 start in program history, the obstacles become more challenging this weekend as Sam Houston soccer faces a pair of Conference USA squads, including league-favorite Rice on Sunday at Houston’s BBVA Compass Stadium.
Kats receive visit from Canadian Women's National Team goalkeeper
- The Sam Houston State soccer team received a special visit Wednesday afternoon as Erin McLeod, current Canada Women’s National Team and Houston Dash goalkeeper, discussed her journey in the sport, sharing personal stories of growth as a player and person.
Kats secure two Southland Conference weekly honors
- After defeating Louisiana-Lafayette and UTSA in a pair of road matches to start the season, the awards for Sam Houston State soccer began piling on Tuesday as senior Mariah Titus was named Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week and sophomore Caitlin Schwartz earned the league’s defensive player of the week.
Kats earn 2-1 overtime win at UTSA
- After netting one of 14 shots during regular-time, Sam Houston soccer senior midfielder Mariah Titus made the Kats’ first attempt in overtime count, lifting a ball over the UTSA goalkeeper’s head in the 96th minute for her fifth career match-winning goal, pushing Sam Houston State past the Roadrunners, 2-1, at the Park West Athletics Complex Sunday night.
Bearkats Focus Turning to Texas Tech as Opener Nears
- After 18 practice sessions under the Texas August sun, the Sam Houston football team is ready to turn its attention to their opening opponent Texas Tech.
SHSU, FOX Southwest announce partnership
- Sam Houston State has announced a partnership with FOX Sports Southwest to webcast Bearkat football games via web and mobile app.
O'Hearn home runs, honors highlight Pro Kats week
- Sixteen former Sam Houston State baseball players are currently playing in the professional ranks.
Bearkats host Texas Southern in final tune-up Friday
- The Sam Houston State soccer team competes in its final trial run against an opponent on Friday, hosting Texas Southern for a 6:30 p.m. scrimmage at Pritchett Field, as the unit begins to fine-tune for next Friday’s opener at Louisiana-Lafayette.
Bearkats garner four first-place votes, picked second by SLC coaches
- Sam Houston State soccer garnered four first-place votes and has been picked second in the 2015 Southland Conference Preseason Coaches’ Poll, the league office announced Wednesday.
Soccer - Kats push past Islanders, 2-1, in opening scrimmage
- Sam Houston State soccer freshman Micaela Birt made the most of limited time, netting the eventual game-winning goal in the 81st minute to push the Bearkats past Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, 2-1, in the squad’s first scrimmage Monday evening at Pritchett Field.
Bearkat alums boast another big week in pros
- Sixteen former Sam Houston State baseball players are currently playing in the professional ranks. Each week during the summer, we take a look back at how these Pro Kats fared.
First practice of the 100th season in the books
- After much anticipation, the first preseason practice of the 100th season of Sam Houston football is in the books. Everyone, coaches and players alike, was excited to get started.
Bearkats ahead of pace through early practices
- When the Sam Houston soccer team reported to Pritchett Field on Wednesday morning for preseason camp, there was little doubt in the mind of senior Ashley Alonzo what her expectations were for the 2015 season.
Eager Kats open anticipated preseason practice
- The Sam Houston State soccer program reported for preseason camp early Wednesday morning, taking in the first official practice from Pritchett Field as the squad prepares for its 18-match schedule, beginning on Aug. 21 at Louisiana-Lafayette.
Former SHSU RB Timothy Flanders Signs With Browns
- The Cleveland Browns on Monday signed RB Timothy Flanders and RB Jalen Parmele. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines