Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
SHSU Winning streak ends with 79-68 loss to SFA
- Sam Houston wasn’t able to overcome an extremely slow start as the Bearkats lost 79-68 to Stephen F. Austin Saturday at Johnson Coliseum.
Bearkat women rally for exciting 65-64 win over SFA
- After trailing by seven at halftime the Sam Houston State women’s basketball team battled in the second half for a narrow 65-64 win over Stephen F. Austin Saturday at Johnson Coliseum. The Bearkats won consecutive games for the first time this season and improved to 4-4 in Southland play.
Undefeated Teams Meet In Piney Woods Battle
- Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin, the only two teams still undefeated in the 2015 Southland Conference race, square off Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
Don Sanders Stadium readies for 10th season
- Widely considered one of the finest athletic facilities in the Southland Conference, Don Sanders Stadium will celebrate its 10th season as the home of Sam Houston State baseball in 2015.
Bearkats Pick Up Road Win At Nicholls
- Dakarai Henderson and Aurimas Majauskas each scored 12 points to lead Sam Houston to a 62-39 men’s basketball victory over Nicholls Tuesday in Thibodaux, La.
SHSU Men Travel To Nicholls Tuesday
- With one of the Southland Conference’s most balanced offensive attacks and the league’s top rebounding and defensive statistics, the Sam Houston State men’s basketball team will attempt to continue its current winning streak Tuesday night in Thibodaux, La.
Kats rally for 69-60 win over McNeese
- For the second consecutive game senior guard Jabari Peters shouldered the scoring load for the Sam Houston State men’s basketball team, leading them to a 69-60 win over McNeese State at Johnson Coliseum Saturday.
Cowgirls hold off Kats 79-74
- Despite an absolutely scintillating shooting performance in the first half, the Sam Houston State women’s basketball team lost 79-74 to McNeese State at Johnson Coliseum Saturday. The Bearkats shot 70% from the field in the first half but only hit 24% in the second period.
Bearkat Women Suffer 67-64 Loss To Nicholls
- Despite a career best 31 points by junior guard Shernise Robertson, the Sam Houston State women’s basketball team suffered another close loss on the road as the Bearkats fell to Nicholls 67-64 in Thibodaux, La., Thursday.
Peters leads Kats to 72-59 win at SLU
- Senior guard Jabari Peters scored a season-high 21 points to fuel a strong second-half as Sam Houston picked up a 72-59 win at Southeastern Louisiana Monday night. The Bearkats extend their Southland record to 7-0 and their winning-streak to seven games.
Sam Houston No. 6 In Final FCS Polls For 2014
- After a playoff run to the semifinals that included wins over three top 10 teams, the Sam Houston State football team jumped from No. 19 in the last regular season poll to No. 6 in the final FCS national rankings.
Kats sweat out 68-62 win at UNO
- DeMarcus Gatlin scored 15 points, including five crucial free-throws late in the game, to lead Sam Houston State to a 68-62 win over New Orleans Saturday night. The Bearkats improve to 3-0 in Southland play and have won six straight games overall.
Robertson leads Kats to 75-59 win at UNO
- Shernise Robertson scored a career-high 26 points to lead Sam Houston State to a 75-59 win over New Orleans on the road Saturday. The win improves the Bearkat women’s basketball team to 2-2 in Southland play with a trip to Nicholls State up next.
SHSU Track & Field Wins Medals at UH Opener Friday
- Highlighted by victories in four events, the Sam Houston women’s track and field squad produced another strong performance Friday at the University of Houston Indoor Opener meet held at the Bill Yeoman Events Center.
Three SHSU Football Players Named Academic All-Southland
- Keshawn Hill, Luc Swimberghe and Lachlan Edwards of Sam Houston State University have been named to the 2014 Academic All-Southland Conference football team.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines