Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
SHSU Spring Football Reaches Halfway Point
Updated: 3:46 PM
- Saturday morning marks the halfway point of 2015 Sam Houston football spring practice and Bearkat head coach K. C. Keeler is extremely pleased with what he has seen in the first two weeks of drills.
SHSU Baseball Travels To Central Arkansas
- Two of the three teams tied for third place in the young 2015 Southland Conference baseball race meet this weekend in a Southland Conference series between Sam Houston State and Central Arkansas.
SHSU Softball Travels To Southeastern Louisiana
- For the third year in a row, Sam Houston State will be traveling to Hammond, La., to take on Southeastern Louisiana in the Bearkats’ annual Southland softball series with the Lions.
Manning & Rahm Power Bearkats Past 14th Ranked Rice 11-4
- Shortstop Miles Manning went 3-for-5 at the plate and first baseman Spence Rahm added a three-run homer to lead Sam Houston to an 11-4 victory over Rice Wednesday at Don Sanders Stadium.
Sam Houston Headed To NCAA Women's Bowling Elite Eight
- For the fourth time in the five-year history of the Sam Houston women’s bowling program, the Bearkats are headed to the NCAA Championships.
Kats fall 4-0 at Rice
- Rice used a three-run seventh inning to beat Sam Houston, 4-0, Tuesday night at Reckling Park. The Bearkats will have the opportunity to get revenge against the Owls Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Don Sanders Stadium.
Kats drop series finale 4-3
- Hayden Nixon tossed 8 1/3 scoreless innings in relief but Sam Houston was unable to overcome a four-run first inning as they lost 4-3 to Nicholls in the series finale. The Bearkats, who won the series 2-to-1 over the Colonels, had 11 hits and left eight men on base.
SHSU Women's Tennis Takes Down Prairie View
- The Sam Houston women’s tennis team defeated Prairie View A&M 6-1 in a non-conference road match Sunday afternoon.
Bearkats CIT run ends on late 3-pointer
- Aurimas Majauskas hit a go-ahead layup with 7.9 seconds left before Louisiana-Lafayette’s Jay Wright answered with a game-winning three-pointer with 0.9 seconds left to win it 71-70. It was a tightly contested game in the second round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament with 11 lead changes.
Kats sweep Nicholls in baseball doubleheader
- A Miles Manning walk-off hit in game one and a dominant starting performance by Logan Boyd in game two led Sam Houston State to a doubleheader sweep of Nicholls. The final game of the series is scheduled for Sunday at 1:00 p.m. There will be no game Saturday.
Bob Marlin Headed Back To Huntsville For CIT Showdown With SHSU
- Jason Hooten and Bob Marlin, the two head coaches who have combined to lead Sam Houston men’s basketball to an overall record of 324 victories and only 197 losses since 1989, meet Saturday afternoon in the second round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
Ragin Cajuns Next CIT Foe For Sam Houston Saturday at 2 p.m.
- The Sam Houston men’s basketball team will play host to Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns Saturday at 2 p.m. at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum in the second round of the CollegeInsider.com post season tournament.
Weather alters SHSU vs Nicholls baseball series
- Sam Houston State and Nicholls will play a scheduled doubleheader Friday starting at 12:00 p.m. and the teams will play as weather allows.
Ebbs & Odom combine for 4-3 win over Baylor
- Starting pitcher Dylan Ebbs tossed 5 2/3 innings and Sam Odom finished off the remaining 3 1/3 innings to lead Sam Houston State to a 4-3 win over Baylor Wednesday night at Baylor Ballpark.
Kats roll to CIT win 87-71 over UNCW
- Aurimas Majauskas scored a career high 27 points to lead Sam Houston State to an 87-71 win over UNC-Wilmington in the first round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament Wednesday at Johnson Coliseum.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines