Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
Sam Houston Women Play Host To Southeastern Louisiana Thursday
- The Sam Houston women’s basketball team plays its first home game since December 17 when the Bearkats play host to Southeastern Louisiana Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum.
Kats Remain Perfect In SLC
- Led by Dakarai Henderson with 19 points, Sam Houston defeated Northwestern State 94-79 in Natchitoches, La., Monday night as the Bearkats remain undefeated in Southland Conference men’s basketball play after their first two league games.
Bearkats fall at NSU, return home Thursday
- Sam Houston State women’s basketball could not find an answer for Northwestern State’s Janelle Perez, who put down a season-high 27 points including a 10-for-11 performance from the field, to lead the Demons to a 69-49 win in Natchitoches, La., on Monday.
SHSU Men Top Incarnate Word 78-72
- Junior guard Dakarai Henderson scored 23 points and true freshman Josh Delaney added 19 more as Sam Houston defeated Incarnate Word 78-72 in both team’s Southland Conference opener Saturday afternoon in San Antonio.
Bearkat Women Win Southland Opener
- Shernise Robertson scored 24 points, 16 coming in the second half, to lead the Sam Houston women’s basketball team to a 65-60 victory over Incarnate Word in the Southland Conference opener for both teams Saturday in San Antonio.
Bearkats Come up Short at North Texas
- Overcoming North Texas margins of 11 points in the first half and eight points in the second to take brief leads in both periods, Sam Houston ended up falling 69-64 to the Eagles in the Bearkats’ final non-conference game of the season Tuesday night in Denton.
SHSU Men's Basketball At North Texas Tuesday
- When Sam Houston takes on North Texas in Denton Tuesday night at 8 p.m., the Bearkat men’s basketball team will lower the curtain on one part of the 2015-16 and look forward to the start of a second part.
Bearkats Fall to UTEP in Sun Bowl Invitational
- Champions at their own Sun Bowl Invitational 31 times in 53 years and three-time defending champion of the event, UTEP took out their frustration over the Miners’ opening loss to Norfolk State Monday night on Sam Houston Tuesday with an 87-68 victory over the Bearkats in the tournament’s third place game.
Sam Houston State Women Falls To Longhorns 83-49
- Shernise Robertson scored 16 points to lead Sam Houston in an 83-49 loss to Texas Sunday afternoon at the Erwin Center in Austin as both women’s basketball teams completed their non-conference schedules.
Bearkats Fall To UC-Irvine In WestStar Bank Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational
- Out-rebounding a taller UC-Irvine, the Sam Houston battled the Anteaters down to the final minutes before falling 63-53 in the opening game of the WestStar Bank Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational Monday night in El Paso.
Bearkats Season Ends in FCS Semifinals
- No. 1 ranked Jacksonville State took control of the NCAA Division I Football Championship semifinals from the opening kickoff as the Gamecocks rolled to a 62-10 victory over No. 6 Sam Houston Saturday at Burgess-Snow field in Alabama.
Bearkat Women Lose at Kansas State
- Led by Shernise Robertson and Angela Beadle, Sam Houston stayed with Big 12 Conference powerhouse Kansas State for three quarters in a 78-50 loss to the Wildcats in Manhattan, Kansas Saturday night.
Sam Houston rallies to beat LIU Brooklyn 74-69
- Aurimas Majauskas scored 21 points on 7-of-10 shooting, Torry Butler grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds, and Sam Houston State rallied with a big second-half run to beat LIU Brooklyn 74-69 on Friday night.
Rice Tops Sam Houston State Women 58-46
- Maya Hawkins scored 20 points and assisted on six other baskets to lead Rice to its first women’s basketball victory over the year with a 58-46 win over Sam Houston at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum Thursday night.
Sam Houston vs Rice Women's Basketball Thursday in Huntsville
- Winners in four of their last five games, the Sam Houston women’s basketball team renews its rivalry with the Rice Owls Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines