Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
Shake paces play at Bearkat Women's Invitational
- For the second consecutive tournament, Sam Houston State’s Heather Shake heads into the final day of play in the lead, this time at the Bearkat Women’s Invitational from Huntsville’s Raven Nest Golf Course.
Bearkats Make it Five Straight Over Stephen F. Austin
- Three long punt returns yards - two for touchdowns - sparked a Bearkat comeback as Sam Houston defeated Stephen F. Austin 34-28 in the 90th “Battle of the Piney Woods” presented by H-E-B Saturday before a record crowd of 26,990 at NRG Stadium.
Panozzo's first-career goal lifts Kats to 1-0 win at Lamar
- Sam Houston State soccer moved its win streak to three matches, including five of the last six, downing Lamar, 1-0 on Sunday afternoon at the LU Soccer Complex, thanks to a Maddy Panozzo goal 50 seconds into the second half.
Bearkat Women's Invitational begins Monday
- The Sam Houston State women’s golf program is set to host its lone home tournament of the season, welcoming 13 teams, including seven Southland Conference foes, for the first Bearkat Women’s Invitational at the par-71, 6,067-yard Raven Nest Golf Course.
Bearkat Women's Bowling #6 In NCAA Preseason Rankings
- Sam Houston stands fifth in the National Ten Pin Coaches Association (NTCA) 2015-16 preseason rankings announced Thursday.
Bearkat Volleyball Beats Northwestern State in Five
- Freshman Taylor Cunningham totaled 22 kills and had a hand in five blocks to lead the Kats as the Sam Houston volleyball team picked up its second consecutive Southland Conference victory in five sets at Northwestern State Tuesday night.
Women's Golf -- Shake, Sam Houston win ORU Shootout
- Sam Houston’s Heather Shake had no idea competing in just her second Division I tournament, she’d be writing her name into the program record book.
Bearkats return to roots at Holleman Field
- With the installation of its 183,040-square foot AstroTurf playing surface underway at Don Sanders Stadium, the Sam Houston State baseball team headed back to its roots and is finishing out the remaining three weeks of fall practice at Holleman Field, the squad’s home from 1948-2005.
SHSU Still No. 12/14 in FCS Football Polls
- Sam Houston remained No. 12 in the STATS FCS media poll and No. 14 in the NCAA Coaches rankings after the fourth weekend of action for the 2015 season.
Titus PK goal lifts Kats to 1-0 victory
- Sam Houston State soccer’s Mariah Titus has been practicing penalty kicks since she was a kid, preparing for moments like Sunday afternoon.
Sam Houston State rolls over Houston Baptist 63-14
- Jeremiah Briscoe and Jared Johnson combined to throw for 455 yards and five touchdowns as Sam Houston State picked up its first win of the season, a 63-14 victory over Houston Baptist on Saturday night.
Sam Houston Adding 183,040-square foot AstroTurf playing surface for baseball at Don Sanders Stadium in Huntsville
- Don Sanders Stadium at Sam Houston State University, already one of the top college baseball facilities in the Southwest, will be further enhanced this spring with the addition of an 183,040-square foot AstroTurf playing surface.
Bearkats look to learn from their two losses
- There’s an axiom in football that says a team makes its biggest improvement of the season between week one and week two of the game schedule.
D1Baseball.com recognizes Sam Houston among top programs
- D1Baseball.com has tabbed Sam Houston State No. 74 overall and the top team in the Southland Conference in its Top 100 College Baseball Programs of the current era, evaluating squads in the best shape currently with an eye toward the next five to 10 years.
Sam Houston Falls to #12 In STATS, #14 In Coaches Poll
- After a 49-46 loss in Sam Houston’s opening Southland Conference game versus Lamar Saturday night, the Bearkats dropped to No. 12 in the STATS FCS Media Poll and No. 14 in the NCAA Coaches Poll Monday.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines