Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
Bearkats Start 99th Football Season With Earliest Kickoff Ever
- Sam Houston State and Eastern Washington meet Saturday in the "FCS Kickoff" in Cheney, Washington, the only college game of the day and the first of the 2014 season.
SHSU Football Takes Part In Ice Bucket Challenge
- The Sam Houston State football program took prat in the Ice Bucket Challenge to help raise awareness for ALS following practice on Tuesday.
Kats Tabbed Third in Preseason Soccer Poll
- The Sam Houston State women’s soccer team has been picked to finish third in the Southland by the league’s coaches and fourth in the sports information director’s poll. A third place finish would be the best in program history.
Trio of Kats Named Preseason All-Southland
- Last season’s leading scorer for the Bearkats, midfielder Mariah Titus, has been named to the 2014 preseason All-Southland first-team, the league office announced Wednesday. Goalkeeper Kylie Hambleton and midfielder Shelby McDaniel appear on the second team.
Sam Houston State Football Team a Work in Progress
- K. C. Keeler calls his 2014 Bearkat football team “a work in progress.”
Sam Houston Ranked in Both Major FCS Preseason Polls
- The two major FCS preseason polls have been announced and Sam Houston State again stands in the national top 25.
Deggs Finalizes Sam Houston Baseball Staff
- Sam Houston State head baseball coach Matt Deggs has finalized his staff with the additions of two full-time assistants, a volunteer assistant and a volunteer operations coordinator.
Experienced Bearkats Open Fall Camp
- Expectations are high as fall camp opens for a Sam Houston soccer squad that returns 10-of-11 starters.
SHSU Quarterback Job Up for Grabs in Preseason Work
- For the first time since the 2010 season, Sam Houston preseason football camp features a battle for the starting quarterback position.
Two sophomores and a redshirt freshman are getting most of the reps in practice with the goal of finding a starter for the Bearkats’ August 23 season opener at Eastern Washington.
Kats First Team in Nation to Start Practice
- When the Bearkats walked on to the turf at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium Monday morning, Sam Houston became the first college football team in the nation to begin 2014 preseason camp.
Jonathan Small becomes Sam Houston's football operations coordinator
- Jonathan Small has joined the Sam Houston State University athletic staff as football operations coordinator for Bearkat head coach K. C. Keeler’s program.
SHSU Football Reports For Preseason Camp Sunday
- Ninety-five players report Sunday afternoon as Sam Houston opens preseason camp for its 98th year of football.
SHSU Announced 2014 Athletic Hall of Honor Inductees
- Eight Bearkat sports greats will be inducted into the Sam Houston State University men’s and women’s Halls of Honor at a special dinner at the Lowman Student Center Friday, Nov. 7.
Southeastern Louisiana Picked to Defend Southland Title
- Southeastern Louisiana, which won its first league title in school history last season, was picked as the favorite heading into the 2014 season as voted on by the league's coaches and sports information directors, the league announced Wednesday at its annual media day at L'auberge Resort.
Five Bearkat football games to be televised during 2014 regular season
- Sam Houston State will make five television appearances during the upcoming 2014 season.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines