Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines
Bearkats Claim ORU Shootout Title
Posted: 3:21 PM
- The Sam Houston State women’s golf team claimed its first team title of the season as they rallied past Oral Roberts at the ORU Shootout at Meadowbrook Country Club. The Bearkats were two strokes back of the Golden Eagles going into Tuesday’s final round.
SHSU's Olguin Named Southland Cross Country Women's Runner of Week
Posted: 3:18 PM
- Olivia Olguin of Sam Houston State has been voted as Southland Conference women’s cross country “Runner of the Week.”
SHSU's P. J. Hall Earns Southland Defensive Player of the Week
- Defensive end P. J. Hall has been named Southland Conference football “Defensive Player of the Week” after helping lead Sam Houston to a 42-10 victory over Lamar in both team’s league opener Saturday night in Beaumont.
SHSU Wins Southland Opener at Lamar
- With an offense led by running back Jalen Overstreet and quarterback Jared Johnson and a defense that limited the Southland’s scoring and total offense leader to a touchdown and a field goal, Sam Houston got back on the winning track by defeating Lamar 42-10.
SHSU Volleyball falls to Lamar
- Lamar rallied from two sets to none down to defeat Sam Houston in five 24-26 21-25 25-22 25-17 16-14 in the Southland Conference volleyball opener for both teams Saturday in Beaumont.
Sam Houston Volleyball Opens SLC Play vs Lamar In Beaumont
- After a successful non-conference schedule which saw the Bearkats go 7-6, win one tournament title and have four players selected all-tournament a total of six times, the Sam Houston volleyball team opens Southland Conference action Saturday.
Kats face experienced Lamar squad Saturday
- The matchup Saturday night in Beaumont between Sam Houston State and Lamar features a contrast not seen in the Kats-Cards series in several years.
Sam Houston versus Lamar Game Notes
- Sam Houston State University from Huntsville and Lamar University from Beaumont, two members of the Texas State University System both named for Texas heroes, battle Saturday.
Keshawn Hill named a semifinalist for Campbell Trophy
- Senior running back Keshawn Hill has been named as one of the 167 semifinalists for the National Football Foundation’s William V. Campbell Trophy, the NFF announced Thursday.
Nelson wins ULM Fred Marx Invitational
- Sam Houston sophomore Paige Nelson earned individual medalist honors at the Fred Marx Invitational hosted by Louisiana-Monroe at the Bayou DeSiard Country Club, for the first collegiate tournament win of her young career.
Deveney Wells-Gibson Wins Southland Weekly Volleyball Honor
- For the fifth time in her career and second time this season, Sam Houston’s Deveney Wells-Gibson has been named as Southland Conference volleyball “Offensive Player of the Week.”
TCU hands SHSU 4-set volleyball loss
- Deveney Wells-Gibson and Carling Urben both totaled double figure kills in a four-set loss to TCU at the Horned Frog Molten Classic Friday night in Fort Worth.
SHSU Soccer Comeback falls short in 3-2 loss to ACU
- Sam Houston fell just short of a comeback win over Abilene Christian as the Wildcats held on for a 3-2 victory over the Bearkats Friday night in the Southland opener for both teams.
SHSU Volleyball Completes Non-Conference Action This Weekend at TCU
- Entering their final non-conference tournament action of the young 2014 season, the Sam Houston volleyball team is looking for achievement not equaled since 1994.
Tough schedule has prepared Kats for league play
- It’s been a tough start to the season for the Sam Houston women’s soccer team, posting a 1-6 record against tough competition. But the slate has been wiped clean as the Bearkats head into conference play this weekend.
More Sam Houston State Bearkats Headlines