- LSU coach Les Miles says he has dismissed defensive tackle Trey Lealaimatafao from the team because of his recent arrest on allegations of hitting a woman outside a bar after she tried to stop him from robbing her unconscious boyfriend.
- Pavin Smith homered and drove in three runs and Brandon Waddell turned in another strong College World Series pitching performance, leading Virginia over Vanderbilt 4-2 on Wednesday night for the school's first baseball national championship.
- Surprise starter Adam Haseley and Josh Sborz combined on the shutout, senior utility man Thomas Woodruff drove in two runs, and the Cavaliers defeated Vanderbilt 3-0 on Tuesday night to force a winner-take-all game in the College World Series.
- Defending national champion Vanderbilt returned to the College World Series finals after Walker Buehler and John Kilichowski combined on a five-hitter and Rhett Wiseman homered in a 7-1 victory over TCU on Friday night.
- The game times and network designation of 32 Southeastern Conference football games, including the first three weeks of the season, were announced during the news and information show SEC Now on SEC Network today, June 18.
- The Texas A&M men’s basketball team and support staff and South Carolina women’s basketball player Aleighsa Welch are recipients of the eighth-annual Southeastern Conference Sportsmanship Awards, the league office announced Thursday. The two honorees were selected by a vote of the SEC’s 14 Directors of Athletics.
- Harrison Bader led off the game with the first of Florida's four home runs, Alex Faedo and two relievers combined on a four-hitter, and the Gators knocked Miami out of the College World Series with a 10-2 win Wednesday night.
- Zander Wiel's home run leading off the seventh inning broke up Alex Young's no-hit bid, Philip Pfeifer and Kyle Wright combined on a five-hitter and the Commodores defeated TCU 1-0 in the College World Series on Tuesday night.
- Alex Lange pitched his second complete game in three starts, allowing only three base runners after a rocky first inning, and LSU knocked Cal State Fullerton out of the College World Series with a 5-3 win on Tuesday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Station Contact Info:
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888