Local Youth Football League Plays in Super Bowl
The Bryan Youth Football Association is a nonprofit youth football league in the Brazos Valley. This year, all three teams of Bryan Blazers football have made it to their division's Super Bowl.
Community Sports Headlines
Greater Burleson County Soccer Club Signups Begin in Caldwell
- Fall soccer registration is underway in Caldwell.
Action Continues at Games of Texas
- Competition continued at the Games of Texas Saturday across Bryan and College Station.
Gillman and Burns Claim Titles at 39th Junior PGA Championship
- Kristen Gillman of Austin, Texas, put together a record-breaking performance to win the girls’ division, while Sam Burns of Shreveport, Louisiana, claimed the boys’ division title at the 39th Junior PGA Championship presented by Under Armour and Genesis Networks.
Reeve Edges Brijalba, Engel to Win 2014 STPGA Assistant Championship
- The Southern Texas PGA held the National Car Rental Assistant Championship at the Island Course at Kingwood Country Club on July 28-29. After round one, Pine Forest Country Club's Justin Engel held a one stroke lead over Rufus Brijalba of Spanish Oaks and a two stroke lead over Casey Russell from Sweetwater Country Club. Tuesday's final round saw several players post low front nine scores, producing lead changes throughout the day.
Harvey All Stars Are Eliminated Following 15-5 Loss To Texas West
- Texas West scored in every inning but won on its' way to a 15-5 run rule win over Texas East to advance to the championship game of the 2014 Southwest Region Little League softball tournament in Waco, Texas.
Warren Powers Harvey Major Girls Past New Mexico 8-1, Locals Play Again Tonight
- Texas East scored six runs in the top of the 4th to defeat New Mexico 8-1 this afternoon at the 2014 Southwest Region Little League Softball tournament in Waco, Texas. The loss eliminates New Mexico from the event while Texas East earned the right to play a second game today against the loser between Texas West and Louisiana.
Junior PGA Champions to Earn PGA TOUR and LPGA Tour Exemptions
- In a two-year agreement announced today, the boys’ and girls’ division champions in both the 2014 and 2015 Junior PGA Championship presented by Under Armour and Genesis Networks will earn an exemption to compete on the PGA TOUR and LPGA Tour, respectively.
More Community Sports Headlines