COLLEGE STATION, Texas–Fresh off an 18-1 month of April, the fifth-ranked Texas A&M baseball team begins the final stretch of the regular season on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. when the Aggies (38-7) open a three-game series with Dallas Baptist (29-13) at Olsen Field.
Friday's game will mark the annual "Military Appreciation Night" at Olsen, with first pitch set for 6:30 p.m. The series concludes Saturday at 2 p.m.
A&M, which has won eight straight and 21 of its last 22, is in first place in the Big 12 standings at 18-3. DBU–an independent that has made a very strong case for an NCAA regional bid with wins over Rice, Oral Roberts and Baylor, among others–heads to College Station on a two-game losing skid but is 7-3 in its last 10 contests..
Fans can listen to every pitch locally on the flagship home of Texas A&M Athletics, News/Talk 1620 WTAW. Dave South, Scott Clendenin and Chuck Glenewinkel call the action all season long. All broadcasts begin 15 minutes prior to first pitch. Due to Big 12 Conference television restrictions, free live video of the games on Aggies All-Access will be available only on Thursday and Friday.
Dallas Baptist PATRIOTS (29-13) at #5 Texas A&M AGGIES (38-7)
Thursday, May 1 • 6:30 p.m. CDT
Friday, May 2 • 6:30 p.m. CDT
Saturday, May 3 • 2 p.m. CDT
C.E. "Pat" Olsen Field (7,053) • College Station, Texas
RADIO: WTAW-AM 1620
FREE LIVE VIDEO: Aggies All-Access (Thu & Fri only)
PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS:
A&M - #28 Kirkland Rivers (Sr., LHP, 0-0, 8.22 ERA)
DBU - #15 Jordan Meaker (Jr., RHP, 4-1, 4.82 ERA)
A&M - #30 Brooks Raley (Fr., LHP, 5-0, 3.51 ERA)
DBU - #28 Victor Black (So., RHP, 1-3, 3.66 ERA)
A&M - #50 Barret Loux (Fr., RHP, 4-1, 4.02 ERA)
DBU - TBA
• The Aggies' No. 5 national ranking (USA Today) is the highest since May 24, 1999, when Texas A&M was ranked second, fifth and sixth in the three major polls.
• Texas A&M has tallied double-figure hits in 15 of its last 22 games and 28 of 45 overall.
• A&M pitching has fanned eight or more batters in 30 of 45 games (67 percent).
• The Aggie bullpen is 18-2 on the year with 11 saves and a 2.92 ERA, and is holding opponents to a .236 average.
• The Aggies are 48-6 in regular-season non-conference games over the last two seasons.
• At 18-3, A&M is off to its best-ever "start" in Big 12 play.
• Texas A&M has set a new school and league record with 15 consecutive Big 12 victories...the Aggies have not lost a conference game since March 23 at Oklahoma State.
• A&M has swept five consecutive conference series (Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Baylor, Missouri) for the first time in school history.
• A&M has won 25 of its last 26 mid-week contests...an April 15 loss to Rice snapped a string of 23 consecutive mid-week victories dating back to April, 2006.
• The Aggies will play six of their next 10 away from home, after a month of April that saw it play 14 of 18 games at Olsen Field.
• A&M is 4-1 against ranked opponents this season.
• A&M's 33-7 mark after 40 games was the fourth-best in school history.
• Of A&M's seven losses on the season, five have been by two or fewer runs.