WACO- The Texas A&M football team can take a short breather after back-to-back blowouts.
The Aggies do not play again until Thanksgiving night at seven when they take on Texas in Austin.
They have lost to Oklahoma and Baylor by lopsided scores.
The following are Texas A&M's statistical notes from the 41-to-21 loss to the Bears Saturday:
• Sophomore quarterback Jerrod Johnson set the school record for season passing touchdowns with his 20th touchdown on a five-yard strike to freshman Jeff Fuller. Johnson had shared the record of 19 touchdowns with Gary Kubiak (1982) and Dustin Long (2002). Johnson also raised his season passing yards to 2,373, which ranks No. 6 in school history.
• Freshman Jeff Fuller’s five-yard catch of JJ’s record-setter gave him a share of A&M’s record for season touchdown receptions. Fuller’s eighth touchdown catch of the year tied the record originally set by Bob Long in 1967 and 1968, and matched by Bethel Johnson in 2002.
• In his first-ever game as a captain, senior Jorvorskie Lane had his first two-touchdown game since last year’s Nebraska game when he hit paydirt four times. The J-Train extended his school touchdown records to 48 rushing and 49 total touchdowns in 47 career games.
• The Aggies used their eighth true freshman starter of the season when Eddie Brown earned his first career start at defensive tackle against the Bears.
• Redshirt freshman Ryan Tannehill had a game-high four catches for 67 yards, which extends his freshman record in both categories. For the season, Tannehill has 52 catches for 813 yards. His 52 catches are tied for No. 7 in school history and his 813 yards rank No. 4 in school history.
• Freshman Cyrus Gray had 35 yards on two returns to make him the first Aggie to ever surpass the 1,000-yard barrier in season kickoff return yards. He raised his season total to 1,023 yards on 43 returns.
• Gray finished the day with 58 all-purpose yards, which pushed him to No. 2 on A&M’s freshman all-purpose yards list. Gray has 1,440 yards as a rusher, receiver and return man and now trails only Dante Hall’s freshman record of 1,551 yards in 1996.
• Junior Mike Goodson had three catches against the Bears to raise his career total to 87, which is No. 2 in school history by a running back and raised him to a tie for No. 13 among all players in career catches.
• Senior Justin Brantly posted his 38th career game with a punt average over 40 yards. He also put two of his missives inside the Baylor 20 to increase his career "coffin corner" punts to 56 and is now just three away from Shane Lechler’s school record of 59 from 1996-99.
• Junior Kenny Brown blocked the second punt of the season with a block of Ray Guy semifinalist Derek Epperson’s attempt in the fourth quarter. The block was turned into a touchdown five plays later.
• Game captains were seniors Jorvorskie Lane and Alton Dixon (both from Lufkin), and junior Chevar Bryson (Midland Lee).
• The 12th Man was junior Justin McQueen (Dayton HS), who drew the second 12th Man start of his career.