BRYAN- The Texas A&M men's basketball team faces UNC Wilmington Tuesday, at Reed Arena, at 7pm.
* A&M and UNC Wilmington have never played. The Aggies are 4-2 all-time against members of the Colonial Athletic Association.
* An NCAA record was set the last time A&M played a CAA team in 2000-01. In a 107-106 overtime loss to Virginia Commonwealth in Richmond, Va., the teams set an NCAA mark for most combined points in an overtime period (45).
Key Game Notes
* Tuesday’s game is the second round of the South Padre Island Invitational. The tournament moves to South Padre Island for the final two rounds on Friday and Saturday.
* The Aggies have won three straight and beat Jackson State, 96-78, in the first round of the SPI Invitational at home on Friday.
* UNCW has lost two straight, including an 83-64 loss at Kent State on Sunday in a first-round SPI game.
* Mark Turgeon’s 28-11 record is the best coaching start in the Big 12’s 13-year history. It is also the best start in Texas A&M history.
* A&M has won 49 straight regular-season non-conference home games since an 82-80 loss to A&M-Corpus Christi on Dec. 13, 2003.
* A&M is 70-10 at home in the last five seasons, the second most home wins in the nation behind Memphis (75).
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.