AUSTIN -- Texas A&M’s Eric Sehn continued his impressive, undefeated season with a win in the one-meter springboard Friday at the NCAA Zone “D” Diving Championships at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
The victory punched Sehn’s ticket to the NCAA Championships for the third straight season. The 2007 NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships will be contested at the University of Minnesota March 15-17.
“Our goal in this meet was to qualify for the national championships and Eric was able to get that done,” Aggie diving coach Kevin Wright said. “Now we can concentrate on sharpening up for NCAAs. You can really only do that in competition and Eric has four more opportunities before we head at Minneapolis.”
The junior from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada scored 635.20 points in Friday’s victory to remain unbeaten against collegians in 2006-07. Sehn improved to 19-0 against college competition.
The meet will continue Saturday with the men’s three-meter springboard dive and conclude Sunday with platform dive.
2007 NCAA Zone D Diving
Finals Prelim Name, School
1. 635.20 314.25 Eric Sehn, Texas A&M University
2. 615.85 310.50 Greg DeStephen, University of Missouri
3. 565.25 280.20 Mike Wong, University of Texas
4. 556.35 279.35 R.J. Hesselberg, Texas Christian University
5. 556.05 269.65 Preston Holcombe, Southern Methodist University
6. 522.70 258.70 Brian Smith, University of Texas
7. 505.95 255.70 David Boyko, University of Missouri