Rain Delays At MIS

By  | 

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) - Steady rain in Brooklyn, Michigan, has
forced NASCAR to postpone the Nextel Cup race until tomorrow.
But with more rain in the forecast, it's possible drivers won't
get on the track until Tuesday morning -- or even later.
The race has been rescheduled for tomorrow at noon (Eastern) but
the National Weather Service is calling for an 80 percent chance of
rain. It drops to a 40 percent chance on Tuesday and 30 percent on
Wednesday, with scattered thunderstorms possible each day.
The Cup transporters are due in Bristol, Tennessee Thursday
afternoon to set up for Saturday night's Sharpie 500.