DULUTH, Ga. - Isabelle Harrison had 20 points and 13 rebounds and No. 6 Tennessee held off No. 15 Texas A&M 86-77 on Saturday to earn a spot in the Southeastern Conference tournament championship game.
Tennessee (26-5) will play No. 12 Kentucky for the SEC title on Sunday. Kentucky beat No. 5 South Carolina 68-58 in Saturday's first semifinal.
Meighan Simmons had 15 points and Bashaara Graves had 14 for Tennessee.
Courtney Walker led Texas A&M with 26 points. Courtney Williams added 22, but the high-scoring sophomores were not enough to beat the Lady Vols.
Texas A&M (24-8), the defending champion, led by 10 points in the first half but couldn't match Tennessee's inside game. The Lady Vols took a 48-26 advantage in rebounds and scored 50 points in the paint.
· Karla Gilbert broke the Texas A&M single season block record with one block today and 59 for the season. Morenike Atrunase previously held the record with 58 in 2005-06
· Courtney Williams and Courtney Walker both had 20+ points in the same game for the first time this year
· Courtney Williams scored 20+ points for the sixth time this year
o She reached double figures for the second time in the SEC Tournament and 22nd time this year
· Courtney Walker tied her career-high with 26 points, scoring 20+ points for the second time in the SEC Tournament and ninth time this year
o She reached double figures for the ninth straight game
· Jordan Jones had her third double double of the year with 12 points and 10 assists
o She had double digit assists for the fourth straight game and eighth time this year
o She scored in double digits for the fifth time this year
o Jones moved into second on A&M’s single season assist list with 226, moving past current graduate assistant Sydney Colson’s 2010-11 season with 221.
o Jones needs five assists in the NCAA Tournament to break the Texas A&M single season record
o She came four rebounds away from her second triple double of the season
· Texas A&M failed to make the conference championship game for the first time since 2007
· Texas A&M is now 16-4 in conference tournament games since 2008